Rubiks cube

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
islandmassive

Post by islandmassive »

ive memaeised how to do them so it takes me like a miniute and my dad got a reall cool one thats kinda like an ocktagon in 3d
Turtle13oi

Post by Turtle13oi »

my uncle peels the stickers off. cheater
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I can solve it in about 2 minutes, my personal record is 1 1/2 minutes. I did a webpage explaining how to solce it (in Spanish) and it has over 500.000 visits since 1998.

I did an origami Rubik cube
based on Tomohiro Tachi's
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I challenge you (and everyone else who's up for it) to try to create a working Rubic Cube :D (it can be modular if necessary.....)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Daydreamer wrote:I challenge you (and everyone else who's up for it) to try to create a working Rubic Cube :D (it can be modular if necessary.....)
Yeah right

I read somewhere that after Erno Rubik designed the cube, he spent several years thinking that it couldn't be manufactured due to the technology it required
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Daydreamer wrote:(it can be modular if necessary.....)
:shock: It would have to! A working rubik's cube from one piece of paper is impossible
Brimstone wrote:...after Erno Rubik designed the cube, he spent several years thinking that it couldn't be manufactured due to the technology it required
:-k Couldn't someone somehow eventually figure out how to do this?
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Tjips

Post by Tjips »

I'm not one to count my chicken's before they hatch, but I think I am about 2-3 weeks away from completing a working origami Rubik's cube. I am constructing it using my construction set (the puzzles etc.), thus it will be constructed without glue or cuts using rectangular pieces of paper of varying sizes held together by friction, locks and/or prayer.

Here's hoping! :wink:
There is a time for everything, that time has been pre-ordained be almighty God. Trust Him, and no harm shall come to you. He will keep you safely inside his loving hands.

My Photos
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Great I'll be waiting. Meanwhile people can check this cool Rubik video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkft2qaKv_o
TriKri

Post by TriKri »

saj wrote:Which reminds me - I used to cheat by pealing the stickers off and then 'making' the perfect cube ! ;)
Which reminds me - when I was younger I had a rubix cube once. A friend of mine tried the same trick but didn't succeed, so he left it half finished, and to my big surprise when I tried the cube later it was impossible to solve it! :wink:
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

I was at my friends the other day and she caughtme trying to peel the stickers off her rubiks cube. I tried to do it the hard way, but just managed to restrain myself from pegging it at the wall.
ARGH!!!
GreyGeese

Post by GreyGeese »

DZIGGITAI wrote:It took me a couple of hours the first time (while watching Family Guy)
My fastest time? I think 20 mins. Yeah, it's terrible.
I like playing the online one, though.
It's on http://www.addictinggames.com
I can't solve it fast, either. I did manage the Rubik's Revenge (5X5 cube)once, though.
Kijjakarn

Post by Kijjakarn »

Great origami Rubik's Cube. I solved The Rubik's cube in the average of 24 seconds.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

wow,there are people who can do it under 8 seconds... :oops:
unknownfolder

Post by unknownfolder »

GreyGeese wrote: I can't solve it fast, either. I did manage the Rubik's Revenge (5X5 cube)once, though.
Isn't the five by five called the professor's cube.

Anyways, I have done the regular three by three in a little under two minutes

I can also complete the four by four in under fifteen minutes usually. I even memorized the algorithm for fixing parity errors.
Whenever I do complex Origami I get this sinking feeling.
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

Unlike SOME of you who peel of the stickers, I do it the HARD way by taking apart the pieces of the cube and rearranging them.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr