Rubiks cube

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

4x4x4 = Rubik's Revenge
5x5x5 = Professor's Cube

With the 4x4x4 I'm down to an average of about 7-8 minutes, my best being somewhere just above the 5 minute limit.

I haven't stopped my 5x5x5 time yet but it should be somewhere between 10-15 minutes.

As for the 3x3x3 I don't know since I don't have one, but since solving the larger cubes involves solving the 3x3x3 in the end (at least with the method I use) it's definitely below 5 minutes.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I had been thinking of folding another Rubik cube and I finally did it. I really like this model:
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

Does it work?
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
killar

Post by killar »

i don't think it works, haha

i can do it a little above 1 min... 8)
OrigamiTube.com - Watch, Fold, and Show Off!
origami street racer

Post by origami street racer »

It is taking me years and I am still working on it :cry:
R.I.P Paul Grey 1972-2010
Slipkont
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

I once saw one of the seniors in my school finish it in 30 seconds.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
killar

Post by killar »

origami street racer wrote:It is taking me years and I am still working on it :cry:
there's actually a method to do this, you CAN if you want to randomly switch it, but look for the method, it's for sure can help you solve it every time. i'm striving for that 30 seconds...just gotta learn a new method =)
OrigamiTube.com - Watch, Fold, and Show Off!
klnothincomin

Post by klnothincomin »

The fastest time recorded is about an average 20 seconds, and my average time is now 15 minutes! With an instruction book..
Last edited by klnothincomin on August 4th, 2008, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Luo
If practice doesn't make perfect, at least it passes time! ^_^
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

i think my best is SEVEN MONTHS.
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids
origami obsessed person

Post by origami obsessed person »

'sup. hi, um, i've been solving the rubiks cube for a little under a month, and i'm 10 years old, and i can solve the rubiks cube with an average of about 1 min. 15 sec., however my personal best is 54.78 seconds. what do you guys think? but really, i think you guys are being sarcastic, i mean, to learn the BEGINNER method, you only need to dedicate 100% of you time and work nonstop and be pretty smart, then you'll be fine, though that process would probably take, oh, i don't know, one week, at the slowest? :D JK! (kind of.....)
i know what this looks like, but it isn't what it seems........... i think.
JVega

Post by JVega »

After some years trying to solve it for a month, then I forget it for a couple of years, and so on... I can solve almost it :D... I always get the entire cube solved but two pieces :(... And I can´t swap them without mixing the rest of the colors again :(

The algorithms that I find on the internet doesn´t works at all :(
"Keep On Folding!!"

klnothincomin

Post by klnothincomin »

It would really help if you don't toss the instruction book that goes with the Cube, just a tip, it REALLY HELPS. :lol: My Best is now 9 MINUTES AND 27 SECONDS WOOT! And yes I time myself...and still use the instruction book...
Kevin Luo
If practice doesn't make perfect, at least it passes time! ^_^
JVega

Post by JVega »

Well, I have an "official" cube since a month, so now I have that instructions book, but it´s not very helpful for me.

I can solve two layers with videos and stuff from the internet... but that´s all :(

I´ll keep on trying in anyway.
"Keep On Folding!!"

unknownfolder

Post by unknownfolder »

The algorithms on the net are all written in code that varies between authors. Really once you learn the code all you have to do is memorize it. After that it actually almost becomes second nature for your hands to do certain turns and twists.

I have solved a 4x4 cube in 15 minutes. I could do it faster but I am way too distracted. :roll: The real problem I have is the way I solve the 4x4. There is another way that is much more efficient and eliminates parity errors. In order to solve these parity errors I had to memorize a very long algorithm- r2,B2,U2,l,U2,ri,U2,r,U2,F2,r,F2li,B2,r2. I have my methods for memorization so it only took me about four days or so. There is another algorithm but I do not feel like writing it at the moment.
Whenever I do complex Origami I get this sinking feeling.
origami folder

Post by origami folder »

has any on been able to make an origami version. i am currently working on it and have a good starting point. i need to work on the corners though. but i am in the prosess of fishing it, and was wondering if any had figured it out yet.