Whats your life like?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Twisthem488

Whats your life like?

Post by Twisthem488 »

Just wondering what the origami community is like. What makes up most of your day? Do you get immersed in your work, whatever it may be, or spend you time at the mall hanging out? Its obvious that most of you spend a good deal of time on your origami, but putting that aside what do you do with your time?

I spend a lot of time juggling. I do everything from balls, to contact juggling, to fire staff (You can see a wee bit of my contact juggling and fire staff in THIS video. Other than that I spend a lot of time on my computer on sites like this with communities sharing interests in my hobbies. If i'm not doing either of that, I'm either at a church function or sitting in my friends basement watching movies and cracking jokes.

So, what are you guys like?
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Four words: School, Sleeping, Eating, Folding. Thats pretty much it. I guess I should add studying to that, seeing as I have exams coming up.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

6:30 am, this evil thing on my desk makes loud and ugly noises -> time to wake up and go to work. 12 o´clock breakfast time, half an hour to eat lunch! 17 o´clock work should be done, half an hour to travel to school. Half past nine school ends. An hour later (time to fold at the subway) I will be at home. Beeing very hungry the first thing to do is checking my mails, afterwards cooking a meal, chatting with my friend and watching a movie while eating. Around 2 am, time to fell asleep, tomorrow will be a long long day.

Oh well, there are weekends!
Folding, folding, folding and going to the zoo :D
(If you don´t have a inflammation of your lumbar vertebra musculature and can´t move a bit.)
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

You're lucky. The evil thing on my desk starts making noises at 6:00
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Poor little boy...
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

I'm on school holidays at the moment. I go back to school in a week :( No time for folding. I play the guitar and go to a PA school (Performing Arts, to those who don't know). I sadly don't have time to fold during the term, so I'm making the most of my holidays. And Cupcake: I get up (well I'm supposed to) at 6:00. I sympathise, but there's always a snooze button.
Twisthem488

Post by Twisthem488 »

hehe, when I have cheer practice (I'm also a yell leader) I have to get up at 5 :?
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I fforgot to mention: I love weekends. I get up at 12 :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

On weekends I get up at 5. (No alarm clock) I alway get up earlier on weekends. More time for folding.
My Flickr, please comment!
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

Good point...
Honestly, I sleep whenever I can. On weekends when I wake up I can't go back to sleep so I sleep in whenever possible.
It's a different story on school days. I can't stay awake. :?
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

I also can't stay awake on school days.
My Flickr, please comment!
kirby677

Post by kirby677 »

Wake up at 7 am and go to school and get there at 8:15 am. Fold until school starts. (8:55 am). Fold during classes and have them taken away. :cry: Schools out 2:55. On mondays I have Jazz Band until 4 pm, and I get picked up at 4:30, and I fold in between. I get home, do homework, go on the computer and fold. Go to sleep and fold while I lie in bed. (I could never fall alseep very fast.) And fold Hojyo Takashi's Buddha, remake it and become the worlds greatest folder. (In my dreams.)

Thats basicly my day.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Oh yeah. Then I got Jazz band on Monday like kirby, and Concert band on Thursday both after school. Which is nothing compared to last year. I tried to be in everything I could! :lol:
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origami93

Post by origami93 »

wake up at 6:30, eat breakfast, go to school. fold the entire time i'm there, then go home at 4:30. play video games till' 7:30, eat dinner, then fold the rest of the day. (i wake up at 5:00 the next day to do my homework.)
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I don't fold much at school anymore, I'm trying to get my marks up to a 95 average. (And I'm getting pretty close! I around 90 so far)

Today I have basketball practice. I love basketball, but that means i have to get up at 8:30. Same goes for tomorrow and church. So I rarely get to sleep in anymore. :(
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs