Whats your life like?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Twisthem488

Post by Twisthem488 »

Grrr grades. I had all As and Bs last semester, and now i'm trying to pull up two f's. I know I Can bring everything back up by the end of the year, but my goal is a 3.5 GPA or higher. Otherwise I can only do physical scholarships for school and not count my academics. BUT, if I can get it up to a 3.5 I get books and tuition for cheering, and another thousand bucks for grades. :D
Twisthem488

Post by Twisthem488 »

:D well I found out today that my school is ghastly when it comes to keeping things updated. They report I got in the mail yesterday said I was still failing. Today I talk with teachers and find out I brought one from a 43% to a 77% and the other from a 57% to a 78%

I hate our school system.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

My marks came back and I'm doing pretty well: 91.3% average overall :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

I got A's and B's. Straight A's for commitment to learning and a mix for achievement... :wink:
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I used to always get 100s and high 90s, but then I went into middle school and stopped really caring... Now I'm caring again and trying to get my marks back up :D
By the way, isn't this "whats your life like" not "whats your marks like"? I think it went a bit off topic.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
aesthetistician

Post by aesthetistician »

I go to lectures (mostly), tutor and trampoline. The spaces in between get filled up with origami, solving puzzles from www.conceptistech.com and reading everything I can get my hands on.
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

Well, when I'm not folding I keep myself busy with three choirs, lessons in violin, voice, and piano, and a little web design. Oh, and usually I'm in the middle of four or five books as well... one of them for school though. :roll: I used to design RPGs, computer games, and board games too, but school took up too much time and I never got around to playtesting any of them. Oh well. The time's better spent folding. :lol:
brdparker

Post by brdparker »

I'm unfortunately not too active in the group, mostly because I don't have too much access to the internet (hint into my extra-origami life), but I try from time to time...

Outside of origami, I do martial arts, fencing, and study languages... how the hell do I find time to fold?

EDIT: And do homework... from time to time
Eh... I don't wanna create a siggy now. Tomorrow maybe.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

homework from time to time? I never do homework, if I have it I usually forget.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
hardcoretraceur

Post by hardcoretraceur »

i work as a mover and a framer, do parkour and condition for it when i can, fold, and pursue various arts.
reality continues to ruin my life
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

I have an art extension assessment due soon. NO idea what it's on coz I missed the briefing two fridays ago. Nobody will fill me in...
Watusa

Post by Watusa »

parkour's awesome! i'm nowhere near fit/insane enough though :)

well the only public test i did recently, i got 86/90, although 14 people got 90/90, so not that amazing.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I broke my retainer, so lately I've been having to visit the orthodontist, which cuts down on my folding time :(
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
aesthetistician

Post by aesthetistician »

~folder~of~paper~ wrote:Straight A's for commitment to learning and a mix for achievement... :wink:
You get credit for being commited to learning? In these parts, we only get credit for what we actually have learned. Any exams that matter are marked anonymously.
sashadensikoff

Post by sashadensikoff »

For want of a better description, I'm a house elf.

This means that I clean the house and tend to the animals from about 12am (I get up at about 10am) until about 10pm - 2am, depending on how tired I feel - and don't actually get paid for it. I guess I'm provided for pretty well, so I suppose that's worth it.

I practice origami on and off, like all the other crafts and skills I dabble in. At the moment I am back into it again because I need a break from bone carving, and also I just got this way cool book on origami flowers (called Origami Flowers - by Hiromi Hayashi) that I am very keen to try.

I also love my Sims2, my Neopets, my mad cat, and I suppose, my partner of 13 years.

It's a simple life, but I'm pretty content with it. :)