Hello everyone!

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Forest

Hello everyone!

Post by Forest »

Hello everyone!!

I'm new to this forum and i'm not sure if your supposed to introduce yourself but i am anyways! -.-;;

My name is Lauren and I live in a suburb near chicago (US) and just recently started origami!! The reason is because my grandfather just passed away and lft me all his hardcore origami stuff... so, i was just seeing what it's all about! 8)

I'm sure no one really wants to read more so, i'll just cut it here!!
Please feel free to contact me IF you would like to know more about me or lives in the area! that way, we can fold little CRANES together!! XD

Or feel free to contact me if you'd like to mentor me in the ways of the origamist :P~! (the best thing i made so far was a cheeseburger so, yes, i am pathetic ><!)

thanks guys!
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

hello, welcome to the board Image
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Welcome to the forum! There are people of all skill levels here and the origami community is a welcoming one-if you need help, don't be afraid to ask. Good luck and have fun with your origami!
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

WELCOME!
Don't worry about what you can fold. You can get heaps of great diagrams and models and just you ask anyone here and they can help you.

Have a great timeon the forum!
Forest

Post by Forest »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! :!: :o
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Hello and welcome.

May I ask what this hardcore Origami stuff from your grandfather contains of? Just being curious... :D
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

We might have even known your grandfather! (I probably wouldn't, though) Somebody might have...

Anyway, welcome!
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Forest

Post by Forest »

Thanks again!!

well, there was this cool dragon thing that he had. I don't know if it's origami, because it's made out of thousands of these little squares or something. There was a swan like that too! it's amazing, i really can't describe it! Let me try to take a picture of it? :lol: and he made a lot of these boxes full of random origami (but they were like all related to each other!! like he would make a battlefield and there would be TONS of soldier things..! another example would be like a forest with lots of little animals!)

Anyways, I doubt you would know him -mostly because he never published anything or used the computer!!- but his name was Robert P.

i'm actually trying to finish his last project which he -i think- intented it to be a town... buuuuut... I don't know how to fold houses like he does!! or how to make people.. But i WILL finish it! grr!

:evil:
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Now I´m really curious to see the pictures. The dragon and swan sounds like being made from the traditional Chinese modular unit, you need really lots of them to finish a project.
Maybe we can provide you some help with your project as soon as we´ve seen some pics.

Have you gotten some books about Origami too, or only the models?
Last edited by origami_8 on August 16th, 2007, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forest

Post by Forest »

The only thing i have related to origami is the actual folded models...
Griffin

Hey!

Post by Griffin »

Too bad your Grandfather died. He must of been a good man. Well about origami, you should go to origami.com and print some diagrams. That'l get you started, And if you made every one in the galaxy, make your own up! :)
-Griff @(-_-)@