Favorite Movies

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

The Dark Knight is an awesome film.
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by insaneorigami »

legionzilla wrote:The Dark Knight is an awesome film.
Ah, a classic...

I would have to say: Shaun of the Dead, Superbad, Stepbrothers, Role Models, Equalibrium, Shooter, and.... .....YOU DON'T MESS WITH ZA ZOHAN!!!
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Rainman! :P
Trelice

Post by Trelice »

Newbie here, but I study films in college, and all my life, too.

Two films I will never get tired of watching are Aliens and Reservoir Dogs, they'd definately be in my top 5 forever.

The Dark Knight is great, but many people overlook the score. It's well worth the listen.

Best horror/fun movie in the last 10 years is Feast, I urge any afficianado with the genre to track it down! Paranormal Activity is a close second, as it has tense and suspense, but when you compare doors moving to characters with biographical titles there's no competition! 8)

Liking the love for tasteful films here. But Transformers 2?! Megan Fox doesn't save Michael Bay from being an idiot.
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by insaneorigami »

I don't know, Trelice - Megan Fox was kind of amazing in that movie, as she is in all movies. I don't think that T2 was that bad - a bit long, but it was an ok film :).
OrigamiKnowHow

Post by OrigamiKnowHow »

Land of the Lost

I laughed my @$$ off the whole movie. A must see. :P
Adam

Post by Adam »

Trelice wrote: Liking the love for tasteful films here. But Transformers 2?! Megan Fox doesn't save Michael Bay from being an idiot.
In fact, she made things even worse. Making someone look as slutty as possible in a movie is something I find repulsive rather than attractive. Megan Fox in T2 was just adding salt to the wounds by Michael Bay. The little brat playing the lead character wasn't as annoying as I had expected him to be, but he ruins every movie nonetheless.

Here's a nice and simple movie if you're ever looking for something good: 12 Angry Men ( 1957 version ).
topsu

Post by topsu »

OrigamiKnowHow wrote:Land of the Lost

I laughed my @$$ off the whole movie.
haha, me too!
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

In fact, she made things even worse. Making someone look as slutty as possible in a movie is something I find repulsive rather than attractive. Megan Fox in T2 was just adding salt to the wounds by Michael Bay. The little brat playing the lead character wasn't as annoying as I had expected him to be, but he ruins every movie nonetheless.
True, TF2 lacked the substance, but if you are looking for an SFX lightshow, you've got it!
The Dark Knight is great, but many people overlook the score. It's well worth the listen.
The score is great though not the best superhero film score. Great nontheless.
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by insaneorigami »

I used to think Shaun of the Dead was funny. But that was before I saw Zombieland. Best. Movie. Ever.
Kalami

Post by Kalami »

Ok, this is not - absolutely NOT - my favourit movie, but I just watched Con Air (yes, for the first time in my life) and I just have to say: RUBBISH!!

Only one good thing: Nicolas Cage is reading a the Origami book "Complete Origami" by Kenneway and folds a flapping crane :)
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I like Con Air
"put the bunny back in the box" ... "why couldn't you put the bunny back in the box?!" Image
PauliusOrigami
Forum Sensei

Post by PauliusOrigami »

I strongly suggest you to watch Memento. Superior film..
My flickr gallery. Come to visit and leave feedback.
Adam

Post by Adam »

PauliusOrigami wrote:I strongly suggest you to watch Memento. Superior film..
I saw it recently, but I found it a bit disappointing.

Spoiler:
It took him only a few days to find the one who murdered his wife. If he were a cop, he'd be busting criminals by the dozens every day...
Furthermore, the ending was very vague: Did Teddy really murder his wife, or was he just another victim of Leonard? Too many possible interpretations!

Even though I had very low expectations from the film I went to see Avatar last week. Have to say it's one of the most amazing films ever made. Keyword here is immersion. I'm going to see it again tomorrow.
PauliusOrigami
Forum Sensei

Post by PauliusOrigami »

Yes. Avatar is great too. :!:
My flickr gallery. Come to visit and leave feedback.