What is the average age of people on this site

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
NumboJumbo

Post by NumboJumbo »

Age 42. Origami is just a phase in my life - which has lasted since age 12. I'm sure I'll grow out of it.....once I'm dead and buried. Gotta thank my parents for this hobby. It was a choice between fishing and origami. I detest intentionally killing or harming things, so origami it was. It all started with Robert Harbin's Origami 1, which I still have to this day. It's taken me 30 years to get creative and fiddle/doodle up some of my own designs, which I'm now transferring to my own ori-website.

I'm a lone folder slinking off to my Ori HQ (ie my Study Room) dreamily dreaming of an Ori-mate that I could physically talk to. Preferably female with luscious slender....fingers to help me fold those darned awkward folds that beat the hell out of me everytime. Anybody in Cardiff, UK wanna make my day and my wife's - it's not easy for her being an Ori-widow.

But seriously. I'm looking forward to contributing to the Ori-world out there.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

NumboJumbo wrote:my own designs, which I'm now transferring to my own ori-website.
Could you please give a link to your website, or even beter include the link into your profile?
Oh, and welcome on the board Image
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

Now 22, seldom fold cause I cant find people to share my interest
is it really that important to have physical contact to other folders?

Christian
NumboJumbo

Post by NumboJumbo »

Anna

No website at the moment - it's still under constructiion! Ho hum. Prolly take a good few weeks/months before it's ready for human consumption. Hope you can wait that long.

I shall prolly ask for advice/suggestions on how others have promoted their ori-website some time in the future though.

Mike
NumboJumbo

Post by NumboJumbo »

Christian

Although your comments weren't directed at me, I have not had any real meaningful physical conversation with any other ori folder for 30 odd years. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a real time chat with a fellow folder. For me it would add just an extra dimension to a conversation. Having said that though I'm not sure what I would say, nor as to how much of an 'anorak' I would want to appear to be. I sometimes wonder how much mileage you could get out of a paper bird! Obviously alot, otherwise ori-clubs and conventions wouldn't take place.

However in times of need, it sure would be nice to have a physical ori-mate to hopefully help me out with some of those darned fiddly folds out there.

Anyway, in the meantime I'll stick to forums. Makes a change from talking to my wife about it.

Mike
saj

Post by saj »

No website at the moment - it's still under constructiion! Ho hum. Prolly take a good few weeks/months before it's ready for human consumption. Hope you can wait that long.

I shall prolly ask for advice/suggestions on how others have promoted their ori-website some time in the future though.
I'm not sure what the best method is for marketing a website, this Forum is listed under Google (on page 18 under the search term 'Origami') which I think is the reason why people have such a hard time finding this forum.

I've managed to get myself listed on the Open Directory Project on the Wikipedia Origami page and on some personal webpages.

Having the Origami Model Database list the Forum's recent posts has had a huge impact on my site traffic and this is what I believe is driving in more members.
Last edited by saj on July 3rd, 2005, 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

Saj, are you sure, you've posted in the right topic ?

:)

Christian
JMcK

Post by JMcK »

Age 31. Folded a bit from a Robert Harbin book when I was 10-12. Started again in 1998.
cavemanboon

Post by cavemanboon »

age 43. got interested in origami after watching the tv series "origami" which was hosted by the late robert harbin back in the 60's. have been folding on and off since then, mostly in isolation.
I'm from Kuching, Malaysia. Anyone from Malaysia?
yes, i am originally from johore. spent quite a number of years away from the country but am presently back in malaysia.
pyros

Post by pyros »

i'm 14, started origami when i was ten. Its not taught at my school so i have to teach myself, its pretty hard to teach yourself origami. Just going to highschool now. Four years i've been dreaming of and now i'm dreading it :roll: ick, school has now started and i alredy have 2 tests on tuesday :(
Last edited by pyros on August 15th, 2005, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
buffalo have tiny little rings
BigFIFan

Post by BigFIFan »

I'll be 21 in a month. And I just doodied in my pants.
cybermystic

Post by cybermystic »

Pyros, don't worry about the whole High School thing. We're all gawky and awkward, and think we know everything. You'll make it through in one piece (more or less), and grow from the experience.

As for teaching youself origami, every single fold can be equated to folding the paper in half. Once you can do that evenly, the rest is just applying tha fold to the rest of the paper. I'm sure that the other users of this forum will be more than happy to recommend material for you!
Kaimon

Post by Kaimon »

hi
i´m...ähh,hmm...15.
and i started folding at the age of 4...
while i think i´m folding for 2hours by now.
i´ve just created a grasshopper.... :)
mastermattdude

Post by mastermattdude »

Hi I guess I am the youngest on this forum! I am 14 .
Julie

Post by Julie »

Hi, I'm 30.