Two languages

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.

can you speak 2 languages

yes
45%
no
15%
i speak 3
25%
i speak more!!!
16%

Total votes: 146

EM origami

Re: Two languages

Post by EM origami »

I want to learn Japanese, only, I have no time. :|
- EM origami
JWorigamist

Post by JWorigamist »

I speak English, Spanish, and Latin. I have been working on Japanese for origami purposes.
Ouch! Are you okay? Well...let's see.. advanced box-pleating techniques, Satoshi Kamiya, yeah I'm good. If you fall down nine times get up ten times.
Jeffery Mewtamer

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I took Japanese for my foreign language requirement in highschool, but didn't do all that gret(only got a C in Japanese 2 on a second attempt), but it's still the closest I've come to breaking out of the monolingual minority(a fact, that unlike most Americans, I'm properly ashamed of).

I've also had a semester of German at a University, but that went even worse than my attempts at learning Japanese.
Just so you know, I'm blind.
kirakinn

Post by kirakinn »

Like lots of other people here, I've been teaching myself Japanese for origami purposes. It's been going fairly well, but remembering vocabulary is really hard for me.
valerite

Post by valerite »

I've been thinking of giving myself a basic understanding of how Asian languages and work, and mainly Japanese (no reason, just... youknow... :P)

kirakinn, what are you using to teach yourself? I haven't been able to find anything besides an old broken CD at a thrift shop. Is it online?
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

In general, I like the Pimsleur Courses for Languages on CD, which I can usually find in the local library.
swapnikJorigami

Post by swapnikJorigami »

I speak three - English, Telugu and Hindi. Telugu is my mother tongue, Hindi is the most widely spoken language in India and it is essential to learn it, and I guess I don't need to say about English :B