Distractions from Origami

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

Re: Distractions from Origami

Post by Fluffy »

Fluffy wrote:Trampolines distract me, I am obsessive with trampolines.
I really do not remember posting this, and now I feel stupid quoting my own post... :lol:
loganorigami wrote:Girls are a distraction from origami!
Agreed!!!!
bflame7 wrote:Luckily I don't have too many distractions- I probably one of few here under 20 who does not care at all for videogames or tv. I also don't care about social things- friends, girlfriends,etc.

So, probably skateboarding would be my biggest distraction- I'm obsessed with learning basically every flip trick ever invented, and I'm getting close.

School as well I guess, but I don't let that distract me much.

My book takes time from folding, but that is about origami, so I don't know if that counts as a distraction.
I also am under 20 and do not care for video games at all.
Harpseal wrote:My maths teacher loves origami but gets really angry if you do it during the lesson. I was making a pleated parabola, which my friend called the universe because pleated parabola sounded too posh for him, anyway, the teacher caught me making it and confiscated it.
My friend was at me for ages afterwards saying "the maths teacher stole the universe! Algebra will become the only subject compulsary for all humans!"
It sounded funny then, but not when i typed i now.
LOL. I laughed so hard reading this!!

Studies get in the way, but they are more of something that are more of a requirement unless you want to fail. So I do not consider them a distraction.

Jake
My flickr page ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeorigami/
My gallery ~ http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11485
Feel free to leave comments or constructive critisicm. Thanks! :)
Mythos

Post by Mythos »

actually, origami is my distraction.......maybe i should stop folding during class..... :mrgreen:
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Harpseal wrote:My maths teacher loves origami but gets really angry if you do it during the lesson. I was making a pleated parabola, which my friend called the universe because pleated parabola sounded too posh for him, anyway, the teacher caught me making it and confiscated it.
My friend was at me for ages afterwards saying "the maths teacher stole the universe! Algebra will become the only subject compulsary for all humans!"
It sounded funny then, but not when i typed i now.
Haha :). The same things happen to me as well. My teachers always said that you are "playing with paper". I hate that sentence the most because there is a lot of difference between "playing with paper" and origami.