Music and Origami

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
dani luddington

Music and Origami

Post by dani luddington »

What type of music and what are your favorite CD's to you listen to while folding? Does music inspire you to be more creative? Favorite place to fold?

Whatever sounds good at the time!

Pink Floyd(all cd's)
Beck(sea of change, mellow gold)
Mississippi John Hurt("rediscovered"blues)
Old Crow Medicine show (OCMS)
Robert Plant/ Jimmy Page(unledded)

the train
Last edited by dani luddington on September 14th, 2005, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeadowMuffin

Post by MeadowMuffin »

If I'm going to be spending alot of time folding, I just fire up winamp and put the mp3 collection on shuffle. My taste in music is very eclectic and ranges from Aria (Russian heavy metal group) to Frank Zappa (who defies explanation). Favorite place to fold though has to be the train to and from work. It takes ~ 75 minutes each way and I have nothing better to do except fold stuff. Besides, it's fun the stares you get, since you are doing something that looks frightfully important but makes no sense.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Jeff Beck(sea of change, mellow gold)
not to sound rude, but beck "hansen" is the mellow gold guy, jeff beck is the guy who did last goodbye and the cover of halleluja..both fine artists, but jeff beck is dead and beck (hansen) is alive and rockin.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

oh yes, and i like the shins and vilonet femmes and radiohead and well the list goes on.oh! annnd xuxaxumi, personally i think one of the most underrated non-proffesional bands :oops:

Morgan
dani luddington

Post by dani luddington »

ack i am glad you caught that! i was actually listening to one and typing the other and got it all screwed up, will fix it right now! thanks dani
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

haah and also i am a foolio, because it is jeff buckley who does hallelujia and last goodybye :P heh, those crazy musician people :) i thkink jef beck is still alive, but buckley is not, so sad too, he was really a great spirit and creator
Nick

Post by Nick »

Morgan wrote:but jeff beck is dead and beck (hansen) is alive and rockin.
Perhaps you should tell Jeff that - he looked in fine fettle when I saw him at the Royal Albert Hall last summer. For a 60 year old, he blows the socks off 90% of todays guitar "gunslingers" and is one of the few of his contemporaries who didn't fossilise in the 70s. For emotive, ballsy, unique and exciting guitar, he has few peers. Apart from me, of course :P

You can check out my ambient work at http://www.nickrobinson.info/music - there's a piece dedicated to Philip Shen on there and everything you hear came from a guitar.

Oops - just read your ps further down the page...
esato

Post by esato »

I listen mostly to classical and instrumental music.
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

I usually listen the sounds of tram and my favorit place for folding is tram. :mrgreen:
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

hmm... good question. but am I the only person who's music is affected by his mood? I mean, I listen to different music when I'm in different moods.
it's impossible to answer that, because I don't have a special folding music. a better off-topic question would be: "what kind of music are you listening at?"
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Well, my music is definitely affected by my mood, the same as my mood is affected by the music I'm listening to. I also can't really describe the music I like or listen to usually with some sentences, I probably would have to give a looooong list of songs and noone would read that anyway.
But generally while folding I don't listen to music at all, the sound of the paper is all I need then (if it isn't a very, very bad tearing sound that is....)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

I agree, the sound of paper is its own music...
I like folding best at my desk at home, but I often find myself folding in rather odd places (at a lab table during physics class, on the back of a freind, inside my jacket pocket, etc) In fact, I once folded 16 sonobe modules while riding my bike home from school! (it wasn't a very good idea. the paper kept blowing around.)
Friet

Post by Friet »

I don't really have any particular music style I listen to while folding. It can range from jazz to hardcore. (the music for bald nazi-like people) And often I just watch TV while folding, or I fold while chatting/browsing on the internet.
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

CMSeter

Post by CMSeter »

When I fold I usually listen to something that doesn't require much attention. Something like Sigur Rôs - ( ) or Isis - Panopticon.

Or I go through my vinyl records...