Gears Heart

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Ragnorax

Gears Heart

Post by Ragnorax »

Im so intrigued by this... i dont know if its been posted on this forum before, because i didnt find it anywhere, but i thought i would share it.
It was designed by Haruki Nakamura , and its obviously papercraft, where you print and cut out the template and glue the differentparts together.

I found a template for this model, but after looking at it... it seems rather difficult to piece together. No instructions or labels as to which part is which. Has anyone tried to make this before? I think im going to give it a try soon, once i finish my 15 page term paper i have for a class =\ so itll be later (school comes first!)

If anyone wants to give it a try, just post here and ill send you the template that i found.

Heres a link to a site where someone was able to replicate the model:
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=980

And heres a video of the original model (Amazing):

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70dKZjP4NOo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

His other models are amazing too! he has other rotating gear shapes also.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Awesome work!
ClauS82

Gear Hearth

Post by ClauS82 »

i know i'm late with this post... but i'm very interested to the template you write in your answer Ragnorax... could you email me the template?
Iwvi

Post by Iwvi »

Wow, my brother likes to do papercraft ( he can't handle origami :roll: ) also this model looks amazing, so im asking the same as ClauS82, sorry for posting on such an old thread :oops:
Adam

Post by Adam »

One of the first hits on google.

As for advice regarding the model, you could always consult /po/ about it; I think some of the people there have tried building it.
Iwvi

Post by Iwvi »

thanks Adam, i may give it an attempt during holidays, by the way wouldn't it be awesome to make one out of wood? :shock:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Iwvi

Post by Iwvi »

it's not wood, is it?

He says it looks, feels and sounds like wood but I don't think he would say that if it was actually wood.
adi12104

Re: Gears Heart

Post by adi12104 »

wow, can i also have the template? because i cant found it any where, thanks in advance