Mac? or PC?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.

Are you a Mac or PC?

Mac
26%
PC
74%

Total votes: 92

Harpseal
Buddha

Re: Mac? or PC?

Post by Harpseal »

It depends of it's got a little picture of an apple on it. Also, an ipad would be extra special because it has the letter "i" at the front of it's name. Operating system, however, i have no idea.
'Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on'
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
[url=http://%20the-intelligence-division.bandcamp.com]My bandcamp page[/url]
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

One of mine has Dell symbol on the outside of the lid, but a Snow Leopard OS on the inside.
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

Right....... :S
Odd. Oh well. I don't get what dell is, or intel, or any of those. I don't really get anything beyond mac/pc/linux and even linux is odd. #-o
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
the modern einstein

Post by the modern einstein »

I got an Apple macbook for school - cost $1000. My pc - $600. the P.C is far more powerful than the mac. Ironic, the fact that the mac is $400 more expensive. also The P.C's Photoshop, moviemaker, and audio editor are far easier to use, due to slight differences in the software.
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

Has anyone heard of the rasberry pie? It's basically an unprogrammed, really cheap computer, that could do almost anything, if you can program it, or learn to. It's worldwide and quite famous, but it's late out.
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

I like mac and pc the same but I would go with a pc. but I would get linix because it is free and opensource :P
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

Harpseal wrote:Has anyone heard of the rasberry pie? It's basically an unprogrammed, really cheap computer, that could do almost anything, if you can program it, or learn to. It's worldwide and quite famous, but it's late out.
yes but you need a screen :P
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

I know! You need a screen as all you have is an unprogrammed box of sockets.
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
markfiend

Post by markfiend »

I use GNU/Linux. (If anyone wonders, I'm calling it "GNU/Linux" because Linux is just the kernel; most of the rest of the operating system has been written under the GNU umbrella. See here for more details)

I run Ubuntu at work because I do web programming as my job, and as our websites are (mostly) hosted on GNU/Linux servers, it makes sense to do my own testing in a similar environment to the final deployment environment.

At home I run Arch Linux on my laptop (I like living on the cutting edge). I also have a home theatre PC running XBMC Live (which is based on Ubuntu) and a file-server running Debian with no GUI.

I have used Macs and Windows PC's too. All three operating systems (OS X, Windows, GNU/Linux) have their upsides and downsides.

By the way, if I understand correctly, the Raspberry Pi can come with various flavours of GNU/Linux pre-installed. I want one, even though I don't really know what I'd do with it!
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

Weird! I am suffering from over-exposure to technical terms, i am understanding less every post of this thread i read! Probably because of my ignorance to that sort of area/part of computing.
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
mrguy

Post by mrguy »

UBUNTU. the best.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

yes! it is the best
Kijjakarn

Post by Kijjakarn »

I'm using a Dell notebook running Windows 7, but heading for a MacBook Pro with Retina display. I think Mac fits my needs better for several reasons: first, I just don't play games on a computer, as I already have a PS3; second, the OSX exploits hardware to its full potential. A friend of mine has a MacBook Pro with Intel Core i5 processor, while I have the Dell with Intel Core i7 processor. When compared, the MacBook wins in terms of start up time, web browsing experience, applications, and much more. Third, I just want to complete the set with my iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

Anyway, I don't have negative feelings about Windows. So far my Dell has been a great companion, but it's time to say good bye to it.

Asking "Mac or PC" is, in my opinion, like asking "iOS or Android." Those who choose iOS will say iOS is better, and those who choose Android will say...you know. I think it all depends on personal preferences whether a Mac or a PC is better. But my choice is Mac!
the modern einstein

Post by the modern einstein »

The retina display is supposed to be so good it makes the internet look bad.
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

the modern einstein wrote:The retina display is supposed to be so good it makes the internet look bad.
correct, my brothers both have macs and they both are amazingly amazing while im using an acer =/ still it's good enough for about 1/10 of the price of a mac