favorite videogames

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
polistes
Forum Sensei

Re: favorite videogames

Post by polistes »

i've played minecraft a couple of times but i don't really like it i much prefer runescape
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

i hate runescape minecraft is epic. i know ppl who will shun you for saying that haha
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
Sroge4

Post by Sroge4 »

Gotta say Minecraft as well :)
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

orislater wrote:i hate runescape minecraft is epic. i know ppl who will shun you for saying that haha
i've only played the free version of minecraft but it seems really boring there's more stuff to do in runescape i think
Sroge4

Post by Sroge4 »

polistes wrote:
orislater wrote:i hate runescape minecraft is epic. i know ppl who will shun you for saying that haha
i've only played the free version of minecraft but it seems really boring there's more stuff to do in runescape i think
Comparing the free version to the full one is like comparing a five dollar bill to a chest full of gold :wink:
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

yeah the free version sucks!
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Full version sucks too, in fact, I think minecraft is the most over-rated game since Halo.
the modern einstein

Post by the modern einstein »

Halo isn't that overrated compared to minecraft. Halo (I'm talking about halo 1 here) is a pretty old game, and may not be good compared to most FPS's today, but for its time, it was one of the best games around, and I believe, is a classic of gaming - the gameplay is good; the storyline is excellent, and it isn't too much of a linear shooter, like COD. Minecraft on the other hand, is a shoddy piece of programing - the game play is pretty bad, you can't do much if you don't have mods or hacks, and there is no driving force behind the game - I.E - what's the point of playing? there are few achievements, and these are tedious and completely unrelated to what most people do in the game anyway.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I.E - what's the point of playing?
if your really think that way, you obviously don't get the meaning of that kind of sandbox game. its like calling kids stupid for using lego.
if one like the game (and over 2 million people do) the game is a good one, no matter if you like it of not.
there is indeed a goal: build something else... build something bigger.
but i don't really like it i much prefer runescape
comparing minecraft with runescape is absurd. they are completely different game types.
you can't do much if you don't have mods or hacks
we're still beta! and nevertheless millions of people payed for playing the beta, there are guilds and fanpages. there are mods and skins and texturepacks... did I mention that we are still beta??? Minecraft can't be that bad if millions of people are paying to play it although its even not finished yet.

the most exciting thing about minecraft is, that it was done by one single person. ok, notch has a company now, but everything started with that single guy having an idea in his room. and thousands of people thought it was a good idea and started playing the game. and even more thousands where willing to spend time and money to be a part of minecraft. they are making texture packs, skins for your character and mods for more features. so back to your question
what's the point of playing?
ask all the people that love minecraft... minecraft is already on top of most impressive game stories.

I played minecraft for two minutes (beta 1.2 I think) and already knew that it was one of the best games ever. but its like with a lot of games there will be the question "why are you so obsessed with that game?"
you want to know why?
because I love it :D
oz

Post by oz »

I guess it's about time to come out of lurking again...

I have to say I wasn't very thrilled about Minecraft when I started. A friend convinced me to play on his server, so I dropped the twenty bucks and just got the game. I asked the same questions: what's the point of the game? I just run around and build random stuff? ...then I took a look around on the server.

The few people on this small server had built an amazing town. I got the grand tour of the town, then got whisked away to see other people's personal projects: lifelike castles, pirate ships, the start to a working town clock, etc. etc. I was impressed, found a cave, and started making something of it. Needless to say, I failed miserably at making it cool.

I learned though, that you can literally make anything within the game. I began to develop lifelike statues. Biplanes, dragons, dolphins, lions, etc. began to pop up around my little island, and people took note.

In this, Minecraft is much like origami. Take something simple, a piece of paper or just a few blocks, and give it patience, time, and a plan, and you can make something amazing with it.

That all being said, I've pretty much left Minecraft in the dust since Dark Souls came out.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

oh, dark souls... I read about it. sadly its not available on pc :? like that zombie wildwest shooter who's name I just forgot :(
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

Red Dead Redemption : Undead Nightmare
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

Razzmatazz wrote:Full version sucks too, in fact, I think minecraft is the most over-rated game since Halo.
no one likes a cynic
i agree with everything chris says!
oz

Post by oz »

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but I just wanted to brag, show off, and prove that I absolutely have no life. This is what you can do with Minecraft. For the "hardcore" players out there, all the materials here are legit, I bought each one with money I made in the game.

Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

orislater wrote:
Razzmatazz wrote:Full version sucks too, in fact, I think minecraft is the most over-rated game since Halo.
no one likes a cynic
i agree with everything chris says!
Well thanks for saying no one likes me ;)
What a kind soul you are.

Really though; it's over-rated by far. I like some Final Fantasy games, Arc Rise Fantasia, Xenoblade, and Monster Hunter III. Those are pretty good. Plus most of the older LoZ games and such.