favorite videogames

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

paperlion wrote: Ha, but can you actually play guitar? If you can, then hats off to you. I actually play guitar, and it mildly annoys me when little kids say something like, "Omg, i can totally ,like, play that one song on guitar hero on expert, i'm so awesome, right?" , When they don't know the first thing about a real guitar. But anyways, this post is all in good intentions.
Dude, settle down. It takes a certain skill. They showed a video of all these guitarists and bassists playing guitar hero and rockband and they blew at it but then you see these little kids owning at it. IT takes a acertain skill; a weak and easy to get skill, but a skill no less.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Razz, I hope you do realise that these professionals 'blew it' because they are used to the actual thing. The instruments used in various musically oriented games are so mind bogglingly unrealistic that, as a result, the actual musicians have no idea what to do.

Playing a plastic guitar requires memorising a pattern of 4 or 5 buttons.
Playing music requires memorising hundreds of notes, dynamics, finger positioning and countless other things.

Similarly, if a war veteran plays a first-person-shooter, one cannot expect him to be great at it. Real warfare is in absolutely no way similar to the silly simplified video game world. Does that mean that a little kid is really 'owning' the guy?

I almost find it offensive when people compare things like Rock Band to actual music. Not that I'm a guitarist (I'm a pianist, actually), but still..

Apologies for the slightly off-topic post.v :wink:
paperlion

Post by paperlion »

Razzmatazz wrote:
Dude, settle down. It takes a certain skill. They showed a video of all these guitarists and bassists playing guitar hero and rockband and they blew at it but then you see these little kids owning at it. IT takes a acertain skill; a weak and easy to get skill, but a skill no less.
Sorry if that seemed offensive, I wasn't trying to call him out or anything.
"When I'm lying in my bed, I think about life and I think about death, and neither one particularly appeals to me"

-Morrissey
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

i love battlefield bad company 2!!!
i was playing with a friend on xbox live(using 2 tv's side by side) when i got in the helicopter and headed to his side. we had the headphones on and i heard him say"look out they've got a helicopter" he look at my screen saw i was flying it and said"never mind" just then i crashed XD
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
Ragnorax

Post by Ragnorax »

I play most shooters, such as COD series, gears of war, MOH, crysis, f.e.a.r, etc. I also play most rythym games, such as DDR, guitar hero, rockband, stepmania, etc.

The only games i currently play competitively are Smash Bros Brawl and Starcraft II . I used to play guitar hero and DDR competitively but havent played in awhile.

yes... i am a big gamer =P
NoahRatcl

Post by NoahRatcl »

paperlion wrote:
Razzmatazz wrote:
Sorry if that seemed offensive, I wasn't trying to call him out or anything.
Don't worry, Paperlion, I didn't find it offensive at all, but a good question. And yes, I can play real guitar (sort of). I'm not an expert or anything, though.
Keep folding!
-Noah
My Flickr
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Adam wrote:Razz, I hope you do realise that these professionals 'blew it' because they are used to the actual thing. The instruments used in various musically oriented games are so mind bogglingly unrealistic that, as a result, the actual musicians have no idea what to do.

Playing a plastic guitar requires memorising a pattern of 4 or 5 buttons.
Playing music requires memorising hundreds of notes, dynamics, finger positioning and countless other things.

Similarly, if a war veteran plays a first-person-shooter, one cannot expect him to be great at it. Real warfare is in absolutely no way similar to the silly simplified video game world. Does that mean that a little kid is really 'owning' the guy?

I almost find it offensive when people compare things like Rock Band to actual music. Not that I'm a guitarist (I'm a pianist, actually), but still..

Apologies for the slightly off-topic post.v :wink:
Well as you can see from my post, I never said that skill these kids have is anything notable, but in fact easy to gain. But you have to admire someone who can do it better than you.
NoahRatcl

Post by NoahRatcl »

So you admire me? :mrgreen:
Keep folding!
-Noah
My Flickr
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Sure xD

You must have some sort of talent. I can play bass on expert, but not anything else. I can sing the screamo songs on expert but Is uck on all the other songs.
NoahRatcl

Post by NoahRatcl »

I can sing all the Green Day songs on expert, but that's probably because I've been listening to them for over 7 years. :D
Keep folding!
-Noah
My Flickr
newbpcpfolder

Post by newbpcpfolder »

the thing called acoustic guitar looks great.......
and favorite videogame, maybe san andreas, for the action and adventure part, etc.....
Trouble
Forum Sensei

Post by Trouble »

i really like assassin's creed on ipod touch because i dont own any other consoles
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

I'm not much of a gamer, so if I get the urge to play I just find something pointless on addictinggames. :P
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

There are a lot of games that I like, but if I had to name my absolute favorites, those would be included :
Final Fantasy IV, VI and X
Paper Mario 64
Bomberman 64
Legend of Zelda series
Super Smash Bros series
Kirby Super Star
Grandia series
Bullet hell shooters in general (like Castle Shikigami)

Just to name a few :lol:
nonkelgans

Post by nonkelgans »

Battlefield 2142, still the best of all the Battlefields.