favorite videogames

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Re: favorite videogames

Post by Swapnil Das »

I Play Mostly In My Playstation 2, So Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Ben 10 alien force. :)
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Searched "The Last of Us" in wikipedia and it shoot right across to the top of my wish list! wish there was a game for that in ps2.
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

You know the ps4 is out already! However there are some great games for the ps2. Not sure if you can buy 16+games?
Ico
Shadow of the collosus
Grand theft auto series
Hitman series.
Metal gear solid series
Ameratsu (main character name)
Jak and dexter series

Those are just a few of the best from the ps2 and I must be forgetting some. You'll be able to find them cheap aswell!
Edg

Post by Edg »

Yeah, Okami (Ameratsu) is one of the best games ever, on visuals alone it's worth a go! I think it's out on wii and ps3 now, too. If you could only pick one console to own, I'd say the ps2 is your best bet...so many great games and backwards compatible! Then again, no Zelda...
My all time favourite is FF7 :roll: In hind sight, its ponderous gameplay, overlong cut scenes, rubbish translation, stupid story and in schizophrenic presentation make it hard to swallow these days, but I absolutely loved it at the time. Never played anything like it before ( couldn't play it at all to start with..."menus? WTF! how do you kill things? What's going on?!") and only saw about half of what was on offer and my sister deleted my save file before I vanquished bizzaro sephiroth (always make multiple saves, kids!) so I never saw the end... but its still awesome! The music haunts my dreams...da-da-da-daa-dah-daa-dah-da-daaah!
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

okami WOULD be a great game... sadly the dialogue boxes go on and on and on and on, the dialogus (as with most translations) are unbearable, and, AFAIK, there is no way to bypass them. prohibited me from ever going through it again...
origami deadspace

Post by origami deadspace »

dead space series of course for me
they had to end the third one on a darn cliffhanger though
Kyle2952

Post by Kyle2952 »

The infamous series for ps3 is INCREDIBLE. 2 of the best games I've played. I want to buy a ps4 just to play the 3rd game when it is released.
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89546245@N05
Comments welcome!!
Edg

Post by Edg »

Had no time for games for a while ( two small kids will do that for you!) finally had some free time but all my consoles have something wrong with them! Guess they don't make em like they used to. My N64 took a hell of a battering and is still good...modern technology sucks :roll:
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

Edg wrote:. My N64 took a hell of a battering and is still good...modern technology sucks :roll:
Hahahah that's great! I rarely play video games, but when I do, it happens to be the N64! It's like the only thing I actually enjoy playing because I'm absolutely horrible at any other game, and console
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
origamifreak_1.6180339889

Post by origamifreak_1.6180339889 »

Edg wrote:Had no time for games for a while ( two small kids will do that for you!) finally had some free time but all my consoles have something wrong with them! Guess they don't make em like they used to. My N64 took a hell of a battering and is still good...modern technology sucks :roll:
I know what you mean. I honestly could have played ps2 games for the rest of my life and be perfectly fine with it, unfortunately game series like Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill have forced me to buy newer consoles.
speaking of which, 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' is probably my new favorite videogame of all time.... and it doesn't even have a release date yet [-o<
I will be able to get a taste of it in a few days with the release of 'Ground Zeroes' though. anybody else excited for this?
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

I remember mgs. Even played one of the first on the first Nintendo system the NES. Played all the other games aswell. And indeed it still works. I remember playing super mario bros for hours and then leave the NES on because you could not save back then.
On the mgs topic. I even turned off my ps1 one because the game told ne too. Fission Mailed....
EM origami

Post by EM origami »

Call of duty, Skyrim, and the halo series are my favorites.
- EM origami
origamifreak_1.6180339889

Post by origamifreak_1.6180339889 »

im gonna just come right out and say it- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is the best video game ever made by a long run. i havent folded a single thing for over 2 weeks because of this masterpiece.
DO IT. PLAY IT NOW.
even if you havent played a metal gear solid game before (and this is coming from a die hard mgs fan) this is the perfect place to start. there are barely any references to the earlier games (except for in the form of hidden easter eggs) anybody would appreciate this story. ive spent over 100 hours with it so far and still havent finished it. (even the main story) it never gets boring either and introduces new gadgets and mechanics all the time all throughout the game. it has something for literally anyone even if you arent a stealth or metal gear fan.
i'll probaby get back to folding in a week or 2, but as for right now, this game is perfect. and it has some cool designs in it that would make great origami models (im already planning a Sahelanthropus).
sorry about the rant guys. i am completely in love. this game played me like a damn fiddle
:-({|=
Augustus Agamemnon

Post by Augustus Agamemnon »

Although I am an adult, I do play some games. The game that I like the most is CodeCombat, a programming game! I'm currently on level 21 and I'm in the third world, the desert one. I encourage those who know programming to play it! It is a very challenging game as you go up.
Charlotte Todd

Post by Charlotte Todd »

Augustus Agamemnon wrote:Although I am an adult, I do play some games. The game that I like the most is CodeCombat, a programming game! I'm currently on level 21 and I'm in the third world, the desert one. I encourage those who know programming to play it! It is a very challenging game as you go up.
I have never heard about this game. Thanks for information. I think I will try it.
Everyday may not be good. But there's something good in everyday.