Soul Eater

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.

How much are you into soul eater?

I seen at least a majority of the episodes/read a majority of the books
17%
I've seen some episodes/read some of the books, am slightly interested
4%
I know about it, but I'm not really interested
8%
What's Soul Eater? (I have no clue what you're talking about)
71%

Total votes: 24

kevin89

Soul Eater

Post by kevin89 »

Does anybody else know about or watch Soul Eater? I finished watching the series not too long ago and really liked it and I'm curious if anybody else knows about it or is a fan. If you have, please leave your opinion in the comments :D
The most important thing for me is the direct observation of nature in its light-filled existence. -August Macke
Grace

Post by Grace »

I love Soul Eater. I'm glad you enjoyed the anime, but the books are even better. The storyline branches a little bit, so you won't be seeing the same material that was in the show.

I actually have a Soul Eater costume and go to conventions :lol:
kevin89

Post by kevin89 »

Grace wrote:I love Soul Eater. I'm glad you enjoyed the anime, but the books are even better. The storyline branches a little bit, so you won't be seeing the same material that was in the show.
Thats kind of what I thought because in the last couple of episodes, there was a lot that appeared out of nowhere, like Maka being a weapon, and a good one, the whole bravery thing (except for the postcard, but it was still random), and Death the Kid's awesome power up where his lines in his hair connect. How many books are there?
Grace wrote:I actually have a Soul Eater costume and go to conventions
I was actually going to go to the Sac anime that was in January, but I realized I'd only be there a couple of hours, and for 25 dollars it wasn't worth it. But I do kind of want to dress up as either Death the Kid or Soul, and I think I could pull either one off :D But my friends dressed up as Asura, Dr. Stein, and Maka.

Speaking of Maka, I tried to make an origami version of Soul as a scythe for one of them. I got the shape of the blade right, but I was lost as to how to make the color change/design on the blade.
The most important thing for me is the direct observation of nature in its light-filled existence. -August Macke
Grace

Post by Grace »

That's awesome!

In the US I believe there are 5 books in print so far. But there are 18 volumes written so far, and a new spinoff series called Soul Eater Not! just started as well. They are available at your local bookstore though.
kevin89

Post by kevin89 »

Whats awesome? The origami scythe or my friends dressing up? Cuz the scythe looks terrible, but then again, I've only tried it once and that was to get the shape of the blade... Maybe I should try again... Actually I probably shouldn't cuz I already have enough projects started... :roll:
Grace

Post by Grace »

Both are awesome, but the origami scythe was what I was referring to.

Oh yeah, I dress up as Eruka Frog in case you were curious. I also have friends that dress up as Medusa, Kilik, Maka, and hopefully Justin Law if he finishes his costume.
kevin89

Post by kevin89 »

Ok. Thats what I thought.

Cool! I'm assuming Medusa in her adult form. Oh! I don't know how I forgot, but one of my friends made an Excalibur doll in her sewing class last year, complete with cane and hat :D

lol. This topic has basically become along version of instant messenger...

But anyways, who is your favorite character? your least favorite character? I'm not sure who my favorite is, but Blackstar really annoys me sometimes which is why I'd have to say he's my least favorite.
Grace

Post by Grace »

This has become a bit of a chatroom ^^;

I'm not sure who my favorite is, the whole cast works so well together. Maybe Soul? I'm not sure. My least favorite is most certainly Excalibur! SO ANNOYING.
kevin89

Post by kevin89 »

What!!! :shock: I love Excalibur!! Yes he's annoying but that's why I love him! He's so random and has all these ridiculous provisions!!!! But yes, too much of him can be annoying... But I really like Kid and his obsession with symmetry, that and the interactions between strict Kid and clueless Patty and his other weapon... I forget her name...

And where is the button for the up arrows on your keyboard? Because I can't find it on mine and I like the "up arrow, period, up arrow" face :(
Grace

Post by Grace »

Liz.

That's random, but the "^" is on the 6 key. ^.^
kevin89

Post by kevin89 »

Grace wrote:the "^" is on the 6 key. ^.^
(looks at 6 key) ... *facepalm*
NoahRatcl

Post by NoahRatcl »

kevin89 wrote:
Grace wrote:the "^" is on the 6 key. ^.^
(looks at 6 key) ... *facepalm*
Don't worry. It took me forever to find it, too.
Keep folding!
-Noah
My Flickr
Pop pop

Post by Pop pop »

are soul eaters people who cut you open and take out you guts then try to fine your soul somewhere in your guts and eat your soul this sounds like zombies
My youtube account please check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thefolder1? ... sults_main
Grace

Post by Grace »

Suprisingly close, but no zombies sorry.

They're more like grim reapers killing bad guys and taking their rotten souls. The main character, Soul Eater, can actually turn into a scythe.

Also there are witches. It's a bit strange, but so is the premise to pretty much every manga until you read the first chapter and realize it's awesome.
Pop pop

Post by Pop pop »

sick i want to read it now
My youtube account please check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thefolder1? ... sults_main