NEW forum!!!!

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
phoenyx
Location: A little town in the middle of nowhere where I can fold undisturbed... I'm not telling you where!

NEW forum!!!!

Post by phoenyx »

http://all4random.forumotion.com/

my new gigantic kitchen sink

need members to get it started :idea: :wink:

Please join if you can
Take time to talk like a pirate today.
TheRealChris

Re: NEW forum!!!!

Post by TheRealChris »

well that's probably the worst start of a new board that I've ever seen. the black theme makes it near to impossible to read what written. I mean.. come on... black backround and a grey writing?? are you serious? and why should I sign into a board without even knowing what the board is about? talk about design? what design? architecture? fashion?
maybe you should start telling what's the board about.
Timoris

Post by Timoris »

I'm sorry, not to be rude but For there to be coherency, wouldn't one need to use their names on here? And considering one uses there names from here, 85% or so will use the same password... Given the administrator UNs and PWs... hmmm.

I've seen this happen before, I'm sorry, nothing against you, but no.
IG : irrational.pleats - Sometimes I post here
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Actually on this board here I don't see your password even though I'm Admin. Well, I can change it to whatever I like, but I don't see your original password and I think that's a good thing.
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

can mods see our pms?
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
cjbnc

Post by cjbnc »

phpbb stores all messages, including "private" messages, in clear text in the database. Mods may not have direct access to that data, but the site owner certainly does.

Passwords on the other hand should be stored hashed and therefore cannot be read directly by the mods or the site owner. However, on a new site, there is no guarantee that the site owner is using hashed passwords. It would be a successful way to steal accounts, if it were planned that way.

I make no such accusation against the original poster - just trying to explain how it all works.