Girls playing video games

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Girls playing video games

Post by redheadorigami »

Yo
I am not joking here, and i thought it never existed, but do girls ACTUALLY, FACTUALLY play video games?
I thought that was legend!
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
Metangas

Re: Girls playing video games

Post by Metangas »

They do, I've met them, but they are seldom seen, being few and far between and the ones found are hunted to near extinction.
Poor student passing by!
Iwvi

Post by Iwvi »

They do in fact, only know two of them tough, one plays warcracft and pokemon, the other goes for a wider variety of games, primarily survival horror and fighting games. Before i met them I used to think it was only a myth or a lie spread by tv.
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

i know a girl who plays l4d 2. my sisters play stuff like playstation move which is like the wii but they suck and there not really serious about it. oh and my friend who i made the 30 roses for plays maplestory. she made me play one time and i hated it but w/e haha
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

Wow! So there are girls who play video games AND do origami?
Just wow!
-JeossMayhem
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

I think girls that design/fold complex origami are much rarer than girls that play videogames =p. My fiance' does both XD.

In MMOs especially, I've played with a great many girls, but they weren't obvious as they tended to play male characters and only a few were "girly" with gender stereotypical mannerisms. Quite a few prefer to keep their gender anonymous, for a few reasons. Some feel they're judged based on their gender on how well they can play (one girl in particular played a male dwarf warrior tank on WoW and was just as good as any other sucessful tank I've had) and some are asked out/stalked/asked for inappropriate favors on a daily basis (my fiance' has experienced this, part of the reason she quit MapleStory aside from the grind).

The cake is not a lie.
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

Yeah, harassment would be more frequent in those cases wouldnt it? The bloody creeps online!
And Joe, you are a VERY lucky man!
-JeossMayhem
newbpcpfolder

Post by newbpcpfolder »

I've seen girls online who play violent war games like Call of Duty..............still have to see one who plays GTA though....
jadylyon

Post by jadylyon »

We're out there and some of us definitely like to play tanks :) Harrassment is a problem, online guys can get a little squirrelly when you join vent and suddenly they realise you're built different than they are.
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

Yep, gets kind of weird when i cant tell someones gender online immediately. O.o
-JeossMayhem
DragonFold

Post by DragonFold »

It's the same thing on anime, even on cosplays xD (I did cosplayed a male anime character once)

PS: I'm one of those girls who plays videogames and do origami :)
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

YES!
They`ll be saying they love each other, OH CRAP WAIT THATS A GUY O.O
Just in case no one knew, i am not a girl, but i do game :D
-JeossMayhem
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

I know a girl that likes video games. She doesn't fold origami herself but she thinks most of the things I fold are cool
the modern einstein

Post by the modern einstein »

That's weird; I know plenty of girls who play computer games. Sometimes its GTA, but it's usually just online games, such as runescape.
Mokumegane

Post by Mokumegane »

Joe the white wrote:I think girls that design/fold complex origami are much rarer than girls that play videogames =p. My fiance' does both XD.

In MMOs especially, I've played with a great many girls, but they weren't obvious as they tended to play male characters and only a few were "girly" with gender stereotypical mannerisms. Quite a few prefer to keep their gender anonymous, for a few reasons. Some feel they're judged based on their gender on how well they can play (one girl in particular played a male dwarf warrior tank on WoW and was just as good as any other sucessful tank I've had) and some are asked out/stalked/asked for inappropriate favors on a daily basis (my fiance' has experienced this, part of the reason she quit MapleStory aside from the grind).

The cake is not a lie.
Lol, I play a female character in mmo's because everyone knows that MMORPG means Men Massively Online Role Playing Girls. Not to mention... I'm not a guy and it would just feel a little strange to me. I would do it and have. Actually, I made a male gnome warrior to run into UC and torment the horde on a pvp server bwahahahaha. I creeped them out, I swear! Actually, when they found me and I started dancing with the valentines' day dress on, they sat down and watched the show. Anyway, yeah, in WoW, I played a hunter on this one pvp server and specifically went at lvl 12 to near UC to get the albino bat. I didn't die. One must know how to run and run well lol. I mostly played healer types. I loved to heal and did well no matter what spec my healer was. I wouldn't always win in pvp but stick me on a healer and put me with a dps and tank and we were unstoppable. In shooters, people stuck me as the sniper. I have good aim. Now, shooters and pvp in mmo's, I can't do a lot at once because of my RA and I'm currently finding that out with Origami. I've been doing a lot of Origami lately and my hands are suffering. I should stop but who knows? I haven't had a lot of guys hit on me. Maybe that reason is I had guy friends I knew who played girls lol... and they'd be around me in the game and answer the flirting... lol... then tell them they were guys. I never saw people run away so fast... it was hilarious!