Xbox 360or PS3?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Axel´s Origami

Xbox 360or PS3?

Post by Axel´s Origami »

I've been thinking about buying a new console, either a Xbox 360 or a PS3(I have a Wii, I dont like it very much).
Can someone tell me the pros and cons of the 2? I loked around on other places but all I found was flame wars. Not that I mind a good flame war, but they are sometimes in the way when you try to find stuff.

tl/dr: Should I buy Xbox or PS3?
phillipcurl

Re: Xbox 360or PS3?

Post by phillipcurl »

PS3 is better, but i don't own either. PS3 has a lot more good games then the 360 but if you like halo or other exclusive games, get the 360.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
oz

Post by oz »

To be honest, the best question to ask yourself is what games you want to play. If some or most of them are system specific, that will drive what system you buy. If all/most of the games you want to play are cross-platform, here's the most prominent pros/cons of the platforms:

The PS3 does currently have the best graphics capability on the market. The PS3 also has free internet service, but I've found that it's a relatively crappy service.

The XBox 360 still has very good graphics, though the PS3 can get more detail. I like the controller on the 360 a lot better, though that's my personal opinion. The internet service I have found is much better, both in the services provided and the multiplayer connectivity. The downside to the internet service is that you have to pay for it, though the direct result of that is the aforementioned better service.

Honestly, the best answer is, "whichever one plays the games you want to play." If you figure that out, keeping in mind the pros/cons of the systems, you've just figured out what console you want to play those games.
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Xbox it is then.
Does anyone know if you could play a ps3/ps2 game on the xbox in any way, legal or not?
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

i dont know if you could play another game console game on a 360 but i do know my friend "flashed" his xbox 360 so now he can make a copy of a game sent to him by gamefly or a borrowed/rented game the xbox will play it. but i have a downside for 360's they break.... a lot! my friend is on his 3rd already and i assume it will break again soon lol. also if you move it at all while a game is in it, your game will get a huge circular scratch on it. ps3's dont do this :D and ps3 games have redundancy so basically the game is on the disc like 100 times so if you scratch part of it, the game will still work. but whether you buy a ps3 or an xbox i reccomend that you also buy a disc-doctor or some machine that will clean scratched discs for you
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

you can clean disks and take scratches with a product called "brasso"
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Damn, why can't there be a Xplaybox360? :D
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

because sony is to freaking competitive.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

i have XBOX360 :D
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Is it any good? Are there any bad things about it? Anything that makes it beter than the ps3?
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

i think it's better than a ps3, i used to have one but i sold it, and i do prefer xbox.
Bass

Post by Bass »

I had to make this decision last year. The kicker for me is that the PS3 has free online play, which is a very popular feature in most games nowadays.

You'd have to pay like $50 additional per year to have the 360 online features enabled, and they have made it VERY difficult to cancel if you have them on auto-renew on your credit card.

So, for the 360 you're paying around $50 a year for Xbox Live, which still has advertisements. PS3 is also a blu-ray player, which works awesomely if you have the Blu-ray deal on Netflix, and an HDMI cable for $6 at your local electronics store makes everything that system puts out gorgeous.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Exactly where the ps3 is the best.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Arrrgh! This sh!t's driving me outta my damn mind! :cry: :cry: :cry:
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Just get a ps3 and solve it.
personally i don't think you feel like paying hundreds of dollars a year for online mode when you could have it for free.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip