Over-posting

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
polistes
Forum Sensei

Over-posting

Post by polistes »

Likeaboss

a bit of over posting here i think seeing as they're mostly 2 or 3 word replies

chris_t

Re: Over-posting

Post by chris_t »

I noticed this too. But I don't think that likeaboss is the only one who does this at times. I wonder if the "classifications" that we are given (Senior Member, Forum Sensei, etc) on the basis of our number of posts give the misleading impression that the more you post, the better. People should not feel they need to post a reply to every thread they read! Quality, not quantity.
origamidude96

Post by origamidude96 »

I agree with both of you. This problem has been addressed in other threads and hopefully it will end.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I wouldn't take this too serius... poor little boss obviously need to boost up his posting count :D
we had this before with other members and they all calmed down. the only thing I don't like with this is, that these kind of absolutely useless postings mainly reduce the quality of a board and potentially raise the cost of the board. but hey, the boss is a kid... let him play :)
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

No playing on the internet.
The internet is serious business! :)
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

I have more posts than him, but most of my posts are more than one word. actually most of them are more than a paragraph, but usually they are just me ranting..
anyway, i don't see a problem with him posting much although sometimes it gets annoying having my whole recent posts thing filled with replies from him..but i don't really care..
and therealchris, i believe most everyone on this forum is under the age of 25...
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
likeaboss

Post by likeaboss »

Sorry guys. Your right i have been trying to get my post count up a little bit. I'll try to put better quality posts from now on. and therealchris: Please shut up [-X
origamidude96

Post by origamidude96 »

whoa likeaboss.... that's a mod you're talking to :P
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

My posts sure aren't quality, as i said, most of them are pointless ranting..
and menschenfeind, haha, thats kinda funny :D
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

oh wow, the boss is really too gangster for me... I'm scared, can someone hug me? Image
origami-artist-galen

Post by origami-artist-galen »

I was banned recently from a site for 30 days for over-posting, and was reminded of this passage in the rules:
No "running the site". Have balance and don't over-post in one day. High maintenance users can be asked to slow and or not post. Don't deluge the forums and overwhelm threads.
This was during a tournament week on the most active golf forum on the web with lots of posts every hour during each round, but one person wasn't supposed to post more than once every 15 minutes. How was I supposed to know that??? I wasn't given a warning, I was just banned for 30 days, period.

What I'm saying is that I'm glad that most of you guys do have understanding and whether somebody gets banned or not they are still given a chance.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

you should not forget that the webspace for this board isn't free and saj is paying for it. so if users increase the ammount of space the board uses, saj has to pay money for it.
ita a simple math problem: the more useless postings we get the less beer saj can booze :D
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

I've cut down on my posting XD remember the 10 posts per day i used to do? XD i kind of stopped origami for no reason lol but ill get back into it. I dont see why it matters if likeaboss wants to post 100+ times per day its just his own time being wasted. but its his time to waste so if he wants too he should be able too.
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

When I post nowadays, I look up to HankSimon; If you have something helpful/funny/related to say, start typing.
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

useless posts don't. the bandwidth does. if they go over bandwidth for the month, lets say its 300 gb, (not sure), and if Boss's posts are each 2 words then that averages about 8-15 bytes per post. then you add in the signature and title, information on the right, etc, we are around maybe 100 bytes per post. 1 letter = 1 byte approximately.

sooo anyway, with the ammount of posts this forum receives each month, and i'm certain the bandwidth is much more than what i said (300 gb is about 30000000000 bytes), then Boss's posts barely make a dent.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip