LeafPiece

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
LeafPiece

LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Hi everyone,

I decided to finally start my own gallery. For a few years I've been designing some plant models, but I haven't done hardly anything with them. Recently I began finishing diagrams that I started a long time ago and taking pictures of finished models. They're not particularly great, but hopefully someone can enjoy them!

Since this is sort of an introduction, I'll try to answer some questions before they're asked. The models are my own designs unless otherwise stated. I think origami plants look nicer when folded in parts, so yes, I use glue and wire stems and so forth. However, each component is usually an uncut square. I don't like spending a lot of money on paper, so I do what I can with copy paper. If there is a color change, it's probably a pattern I painted on before folding.

One more thing is I tend to only photograph models when I finish the diagrams, so if you see something you like, there may already be a diagram for it available on my blog (follow the link in my signature). You can also see most of these picture on my Flickr page (the other link in my signature) if you don't mind the clutter of photos from my other hobbies. :P

Thanks for looking.
LeafPiece

Re: LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Orchid - original model

Orchid - original model

Columbine - original model

Open Tulip - original model
eudaimonia

Post by eudaimonia »

I like the tulips. I haven't seen tulips folded like this before and they look great.
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

They're simply amazing!

I'm glad you finally created your own forum gallery, I'm surprised you hadn't before :)
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Thank you both for your comments!

Gerardo, you probably wouldn't be surprised if you knew why. Honestly, I've sort of been hoarding these models until now, because for a while I considered putting together a book. I even started it, but school got in the way for quite a long time and since then I've moved on to other things and lost some interest. So, it's actually a relief to finally get these models out there instead of sitting around useless on my computer.
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

LeafPiece wrote:Gerardo, you probably wouldn't be surprised if you knew why. Honestly, I've sort of been hoarding these models until now, because for a while I considered putting together a book. I even started it, but school got in the way for quite a long time and since then I've moved on to other things and lost some interest. So, it's actually a relief to finally get these models out there instead of sitting around useless on my computer.
It's a pity to hear about the book project, but I'm really glad to hear you're sharing them now with everyone.

Congratulations in such beautiful models!
Last edited by Gerardo on March 20th, 2013, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Thanks, Gerardo.

Bellflower - original model

Star Orchid - original model
PaperBall

Post by PaperBall »

Very nice! I really like that Bellflower.
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Thanks, PaperBall. It's one of my favorites, too, partly because it's so simple.
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Well, I'm still diagramming, but I got a new job so I won't be able to update as often as I'd like to. Here are a couple more!

Hyacinth - traditional lily type flower

Daylily - original model
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Hohjeeze.
These are fantastic. Keep up the amazing plants!
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Thank you, Razzmatazz!
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

I haven't been able to work on my own models for a while, but in the meantime, here is a bouquet a put together a long time ago. I just didn't get a decent photograph until recently.

Roses - designed by Hiromi Hayashi
Leaves - designed by Katrin Shumakov

AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

Those are so cool! How do you do your stems and what with?
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Thanks AnimePhoenix, and sorry it took me a little while to respond. The stems are nothing special, just ordinary floral wire that you can get at any craft or large department store. Attaching stems to origami depends on the model. Usually there is a fold or flap where stems can be inserted, but I rely on glue for anything I want to stay together for a long time.