desuwulf(paul-kenji)

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
desuwulf

desuwulf(paul-kenji)

Post by desuwulf »

hey all! Started only a couple months ago(being half japanese it was kind of a really weird thing I had never done any... and of all things I just started doing it to make romantic roses;) glad it turned out to be much more than just that)

Started on crappy printer paper, which taught me the importance of planning for paper width:)

Currently regrouping my recent models pictures, nothing yet of my own design, but have a couple ideas in head.

Here's a couple randomly found pictures from my desk, nothing fancy, and missing dozens and dozens of models from lang/lafosse/kamiya's book, but a start!

December 2013: origami master yoda by Fumiaki Kawahata, folded from 15x15cm muji kami paper
~45 mins folding time

December 2012: modular Star Dodecahedron by Francesco Mancini, folded from Kraft wrapping paper, ~50mins folding time

January 2012: Dragon in flight by Charlie Esseltine, folded from meeting room throwable paper(really horribly teary paper! but was a nice size)
~30 mins folding time

February 2012: Kawasaki roses, folded from 5x10cm kami paper folded in half to get a 5x5 single color square. The stems are separate 5x5 green squares
~30 mins folding time

March 2012: Dragon in flight by Charlie Esseltine, folded from red printer paper, 30x30cm, This suffered from quite heavy paper width issue in the center, but it was still a pretty neat fold with some nice attitude on the wings thanks to the stiffness
~30 mins folding time+10mins shaping

March 2012: origami master yoda by Fumiaki Kawahata, folded from 25x25cm kraft paper.
~30 mins folding time
I messed the fingers on this one(sloppy and in a hurry between two meetings) but the overall fold was fairly decent. Kraft doesn't bend in curves so well unfortunatelly

April 2013: Shuki kato's simple dragon, folded from double MC paper, 15x15cm sheet
~35mins folding time.
This my first proper folding using double MC paper, and i'm loving it.
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Re: desuwulf(paul-kenji)

Post by chesscuber98 »

I like your work :) Especially the way you got the wings on the dragon.
desuwulf

Post by desuwulf »

chesscuber98 wrote:I like your work :) Especially the way you got the wings on the dragon.
thanks!

Today I decided to challenge myself to some freefolding, wanted to do a horse head with one requirements: I had to keep two of the borders very easily available so that I could eventually easily graft it on something else.
Not too unsatisfied of the result:
(folded from one sheet of 20x20 colored kraft paper)
Eamon

Post by Eamon »

Nice horse head! Where do you get your kraft?
My flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93038503@N06/
My forum gallery. http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11416
Constructive criticism is appreciated as well as encouraged.
desuwulf

Post by desuwulf »

Eamon wrote:Nice horse head! Where do you get your kraft?
So I found two sources. First one is origami-shop which sells squares. Then I eventually contacted directly the original paper shop that produces it but unfortunatelly they have stopped producing the coloring squares, and last time I asked they only had limited colors.
Second source was during last xmas at lidl, they had rolls of 10x1m of nice kraft paper, blue/red/green one side, silver/gold the other. Wish I had bought more!
Eamon

Post by Eamon »

Thanks. I'll have to order some with my next order from origami-shop( which can be quite a while, but worth it :wink: )
My flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93038503@N06/
My forum gallery. http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11416
Constructive criticism is appreciated as well as encouraged.
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Post by origamipete »

beautiful renditions!