Designs by NeverCeaseToCrease :D

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Designs by NeverCeaseToCrease :D

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Hello! My name is Brandon Wong. I am an American folder and have been folding since I was about 5. The following photos are only of models that I designed myself.

I have crease patterns for ALL the designs! However, I'm not going post a picture for each one because chances are most people aren't going to use them if I do. But if you want a crease pattern for one of my models, leave a comment and I'll be happy to post one. Almost all of them are box pleated, by the way.

Origami squid
A squid, with more to come! This was the first squid, created after doing a squid dissection in my science class. It is made from ONE 53cm square of kami.

Here is the origami squid CP: If it's unclear, the whale is the 40x15 unit area on the left. There is a 1 unit wide vertical river that separates the squid on the right from the whale on the left. Also, the big vertical line you see on the whale side is just a thick flap that is used to take up the extra space. Lastly, the big mess in the bottom right that looks like a bird base is just for one of the eyeballs. If you're going to fold it don't worry too much if it's messy.

Origami Baseball hat
This was my entry for the April 2017 design challenge. I don't think I spent more than two hours total on this, and because there's no shaping needed, I used printer paper.

Origami squid
Here is the CP: The top left is the person, with a color changer.
A squid with a snack... This model was made in one August afternoon, for a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea project for school that I went tryhard on. It's made from 10 inch kami.

origami kraken
Here's my third squid, that I finally got around to wet folding and photographing. It's similar to Brian Chan's Attack of the Kraken, but easier to fold and probably not as good. It has a color changer, though.
53cm kami, 28x28 box pleated.
Again, I apologize for my poor photography.

Origami ship
Here is the only model that isn't box pleated. Instead, It's made from a frog base and it's simple structure is probably the reason why it's my first design. I might put these in models in chronological order eventually, I guess.

Origami goblet
This goblet, like a lot of other models, was made for a school project that went too far. This was a Dia De los Muertos altar for my Spanish class, where our teacher told us to pick a fictional character who'd died to make an altar for. My group chose Dumbledore from Harry Potter because the actor died while filming, and unable to think of something unique that he would drink, I created a generic goblet and filled it with crumpled blue post its. I also included Robert J Lang's tree frog from brown paper as a chocolate frog, then folded a bunch of flowers and taped them to the edges of the shoebox.

Origami pikmin
Here is my entry for the June 2017 competition. The three pikmin all share a common base but have different modifications near the level shifters used for the head. I may eventually make the other types of pikmin, but these three are the easiest. Folded from one sheet of 25cm kami each, wet folded.

Origami quetzal
A relatively simple quetzal... has some level shifters and color changers. Folded from one 25cm kami, 32x32 grid mixed with a 16x16 grid.

Origami sea turtle
A long time ago when I was messing around with level shifters I created this turtle. It's pretty simple, mostly a 16x16 grid with some 8x8 grid. This one was folded from 6 inch kami.

Origami 9 headed dragon
Origami hydra
Here is a model that many people have tried without too many successes: The Hydra, from the Hercules legend. The heads aren't that detailed, the necks are thin, and the legs are really thick, but otherwise I think this model works pretty well. Folded from 45cm kraft paper, 48x48 box pleated.

Here is a quickly designed helicopter also folded from a sunken frog base. More information: http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14132
Origami helicopter

Origami Baby Groot
This model was folded for a friend's birthday party, at which we were going to see Gaurdians of the Galaxy 2. I needed a brown paper that was rougher than kraft paper, and the only available thing was construction paper. As one may guess, it was extremely thick and difficult and was wet folded 6 or 7 times. It was not ready and I ended up giving my friend the original printer paper draft. The construction paper also ripped, and it wasn't until recently that I closed it up with MC. Despite all the hard work, it's still a great model.

Origami Don / Origami cowboy
This year (2017) I was starting at a new high school, so the day before the first day of school, I folded the school mascot: The Don. My end result looks kind of like a cowboy...
I also have the cp here. This includes the hat, boots, sword, sleeves, even belt from the same uncut piece of paper. However, it is folded from a 3x4 rectangle.

Origami mouse
This model is probably the first box pleated model I've ever designed (in 5th grade) but haven't posted until now. It has an extremely simple 12x12 grid, with some level shifters for the claws. Here is the crease pattern (the first one I've ever bothered to be flat-foldable):

Again, if you want to see the crease pattern for any of these models, leave a comment and I'll post it.
That's it... for now... There will be more coming, I promise!
Last edited by NeverCeaseToCrease on July 18th, 2018, 3:42 am, edited 38 times in total.
Dre313dog

Re: Designs by NeverCeaseToCrease :D

Post by Dre313dog »

I would like the cp or diagram for the baseball hat it looks Kool and squid if you dont mind please.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Dre313dog wrote:I would like the cp or diagram for the baseball hat it looks Kool and squid if you dont mind please.
Check the thread http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14057 the cp is there.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

I"ll get the squid as soon as I can, but please specify which squid you want.

Also, what's happening to my photos!??! They're disappearing! They are all downloaded onto my computer and the way I turned them into links was by pinning them to the browser, and then searching google for the image and copying it then. It's probably not the best method so I hope somebody could tell me how to do it...

Never mind, I figured it out.
Last edited by NeverCeaseToCrease on June 21st, 2017, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can Cebeci

Post by Can Cebeci »

Hey there! I just want to say I loved the ship. Looks simple but really cool. And that baseball hat is nice too.
Keep up the good work :)
By the way your pictures are fine
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Thanks, Can Cebeci!
I'm pretty sure that the Origami Forum is one of the extremely few places on the internet where you won't find mean comments... =D> :D
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:...I'm pretty sure that the Origami Forum is one of the extremely few places on the internet where you won't find mean comments... =D> :D
It hasn't been easy, the mods have done one hell of a good job to get to that.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Dre313dog wrote:I would like the cp or diagram for the baseball hat it looks Kool and squid if you dont mind please.
I have provided the cp for first two squids. Good luck if you're going to fold them!
Dre313dog

Post by Dre313dog »

TY
Very Much
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

Your hydra is really neat! I actually tried making one once, and it used a near identical system for the heads, but a different layout. It was nowhere near as good as yours! I may need to revisit it and make it actually maybe halfway decent :P
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Thanks, Lephantome! (sorry for the late reply)
I think I am considering redesigning it too... The heads aren't detailed enough, but not simple enough either. Also the necks are too thin.

I plan to have added a few more models before the end of august...
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

From now on I'll just comment onto the original thread instead of adding to the original post. Here are my three most recent designs, practicing with different techniques.

Origami Stone Golem
A moving pile of rocks. I'll upload the crease pattern eventually, it might take a while though because I used a 56x56 grid and lots of complex level shifters.

Origami average guy (me)
I folded myself, from a 32x32 grid. It was quite challenging to get color changers on the jacket, pants, and hair. Additionally, there are only four fingers.

Origami penguin
I finally figured out how to incorporate a tessellation!
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Here is Indiana Jones folded for the October design challenge. This model is loosely based off my Don model from a while ago. The whip, shoulder bag, and clothes are all from the same paper.

(The sparkles are from the relflection of my camera)
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Happy Halloween! Here is a ghost I designed from a 32x32 grid. This is from tracing paper.
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

Thank you for the CP, I had a lot of fun making this.
ImageTurtle - NeverCeaseToCrease by Athreya's Origami, on Flickr