A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Designs by NeverCeaseToCrease :D

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Old photo

New photo

White pikmin crease pattern

Here is the crease pattern for the white one, in my opinion, the hardest to figure out. I didn't include the vertical creases intersection on the right half to keep it simpler, but essentially you want to do the horizontal pleats and head level shifters first, then do the vertical pleats and the arms/legs/petals after.

The basic body would be if the horizontal pleats in the head continued all the way to the end of the paper and that the three Pikmins' body parts (ears, hair, eyes) come from making center flaps out of the pleats.

The white pikimin's eyes are formed from a color changed edge flaps at the end of the pleats. The flap is then bent around the head to come to the front.

The other two you can probably figure out on your own (but let me know if you get stuck). The purple pikmin is three center flaps on each side, and the yellow pikmin is just one.

Also, I know that the head/body level shifters are a bit complex. Let me know if you have any trouble at all and good luck!
Last edited by NeverCeaseToCrease on July 21st, 2018, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qvistus

Post by Qvistus »

Thank you! I have to try these.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

My entry for the July challenge, folded from 47cm sketch paper. I mentioned some structure changes from my previous little girl. Obviously, the flower was a huge change, and I had to add some level shifters to convert some of the 32x32 pleats into 64x64 pleats to have small but still detailed petals. I also used a bit more paper in the head to make one long ponytail instead of two short pigtails. As you can tell, I am not familiar with female hairstyles, and it looks a bit strange.
The biggest change, however, was the location of the arms in the crease pattern. My usual structure, which I've used on all of my human figures so far (Aztec warrior, Indiana Jones, Don, myself, dad and the first girl, baby Groot, even the ghost and the stone golem), consisted of the head being a bunch of center and edge flaps on the top edge, and the arms as corner flaps to the left and right of the head (and the body as a series of rivers underneath). This time, however, I tried something new. I put the two arms vertically adjacent to each other on the right edge/corners. This left the space in the top left corner for shoulder straps, and allowed room for lots of body pleats (although shorter) for clothing level shifters. The boots were a tight squeeze, and there wasn't much room for fingers either. I ended up just roughing the hands even though I had the flaps for fingers, and I kept some of the 32x32 pleats
I am very satisfied with this new structure, and I hope to use it even more in the future! I'll be sure to upload at least a skeleton of the crease pattern to demonstrate what I'm trying to say.
Last edited by NeverCeaseToCrease on July 21st, 2018, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

I think your new girl model looks way better than the previous one :).
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
CassiusAuratus7

Post by CassiusAuratus7 »

Beautiful girl:) By the way, do you have a crease pattern for your quetzal? It really captures the essence of the beautiful bird and I would love to fold it...Thanks!
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

CassiusAuratus7 wrote:Beautiful girl:) By the way, do you have a crease pattern for your quetzal? It really captures the essence of the beautiful bird and I would love to fold it...Thanks!
Yes, I have here the cp for the quetzal! It is a combination of a 32x32 grid and a 16x16 grid.

I might have made some mistakes, though. My main tip is that the level shifter in the top left, the lone square, goes in the bend of the wing. Additionally, the head can be done in many ways and I don't really know which way is best. I think you could find a good solution. Please please feel free to comment or pm me if you find an error or need help. The level shifters and color changing are quite complex here. Good luck in your folding!

While I'm at it, I might as well upload the cp for the overly complex stone golem from last year.
Quick refresher: Oh that's right, it was impossible to photograph well.
This is my only model ever to use a 56x56 grid and I'm never doing it again. I doubt anybody will fold it, but here the crease pattern is anyways.
The shape on the right is clearly not creases; that is what the body and arms should look like after all the level shifters are complete. I have kindly provided which way the pleats go but pretty much nothing else. If anybody feels brave and interested enough to try, I will draw up a more detailed cp.
CassiusAuratus7

Post by CassiusAuratus7 »

Thanks a lot!
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Here is the cp for the flower girl. I roughed it on the level shifters, thus the randomness of the bottom right. I have also labeled all the parts to demonstrate the new layout of the arms relative to the rest of the body.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Here is my task 11 design for the IOIO. This is a half man half tree, called The Guardian of the Woods. He was folded from a 45cm square of kraft paper. The design uses a mostly 32x32 grid, with some 64x64 pleats in the head. The eyes are composed of two 2-unit inverted center flaps. The woody texture comes from the body and limb pleats being shifted up and down. My goal with this model was to create a friendly, naive, and benevolent personality.
sable7

Post by sable7 »

I love it! That’s such a fun but also well-designed model :)
I’m a young folder from the U.S. I love folding complex models and I’m beginning to design my own.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Basically a guitarist, although the instrument here is more of the size of a ukelele. The crease pattern is relatively simple.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Nice work on all these designs! I love the asymmetric aspects of them especially.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Does anybody know how to fix my images? I have been using imgbb.com, but now it looks like some of them are no longer visible. Is there a better place to upload photos? (I don't have flickr)
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

Maybe Google Drive is a better option. Most people have a Gmail account, which means they also have a Google Drive account. If you want to try it out, you have to do the following in order to embed an image from it: https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/02/h ... gle-drive/
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:Does anybody know how to fix my images? I have been using imgbb.com, but now it looks like some of them are no longer visible. Is there a better place to upload photos? (I don't have flickr)
Most of these apps like Tumblr seach functions are very poor no-one can find you.
id recommend FLICKR since you can upload 1000 pictures and they email b4 deleting content..
Also there is a more coherent community of whatever genre ..origami kusudama tessellations ....