Designs by NeverCeaseToCrease :D

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Designs by NeverCeaseToCrease :D

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Here is the guitarist from before, who's picture doesn't work anymore. I also have folded the first draft of a new female figure. Upgrades coming soon!
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

See the female figure from the post above?
Well, I finally got around to finishing it, and I think it looks great!
This princess was modeled after Zelda's appearance in Smash Ultimate, and was folded from a 40x40 grid. CP coming soon.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Here is the minimalistic crease pattern for the princess. I doubt anybody is going to try and fold it, but if you do (it is a pretty good model), let me know and I will clarify stuff.

If you aren't going to fold it but still want to learn from the crease pattern, I will explain a little bit. First of all, I included two types of hand designs: on the right of the crease pattern (the model's left hand) is a fist, in which the fingers are easily and lazily crumpled, although with a distinct thumb. On the left of the crease pattern (the girl's right hand) is an easy way to get all 5 fingers.

As for the hardest part: the head. The face ears and bangs can be folded quite easily with the 3 center flaps with the stretched flap above them. In fact, if you look through my other crease patterns, I have used this kind of structure many times. However, what makes this model different is the amount of hair. In general, when it's better to give a model too much hair or too big a head than to have too little hair or too small a head.

That's about all I have to say about this model. Again, if you want to fold this or any other of my designs, just pm me.
brick17

Post by brick17 »

Your designs are all amazing! Do you have a crease pattern for the turtle that you wouldn't mind sharing?
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Thank you! I do, actually. I thought it was posted in one of the earlier posts of this thread, but if it isn't, you can click on my instagram link in my signature. The crease pattern is there, but as far as I know you can only see it on the mobile app. Let me know if you still can't find it, and make sure to post a picture if you do!

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Nevermind, I decided not to be lazy. Here is the crease pattern.
(But do check out my instagram. since here I only post my designs, I have a lot of other stuff there that isn't here.)
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

That's a very nice turtle and an interesting CP. I took the liberty to fix a couple of mistakes and here is the fixed CP:
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

I m outside and turtle looks like the upper body armour of a knight or
roman soldier..the folds arent too challenging but not as complex as to tale up a whole saturday and sunday...I shall work through them...and maybe i can add extra shaping to give a thinner illusion ..
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Brimstone wrote:That's a very nice turtle and an interesting CP. I took the liberty to fix a couple of mistakes and here is the fixed CP:
Can you reupload the image? It doesn't seem to be showing up.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

It shows alright for me, both at my post and at yours when you quoted mine, but since you requested it, here it is again in jpg format:
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:See the female figure from the post above?
Well, I finally got around to finishing it, and I think it looks great!
This princess was modeled after Zelda's appearance in Smash Ultimate, and was folded from a 40x40 grid.
Really like the pose!
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

So I was looking back here again, and I realized that two of my favorite designs were not uploaded here. They were designed a while back but I'm going to upload them now.

The first is the Princess 2.0, along with the crease pattern. This model is much better than the original version. The arms are actually the same length this time, the upper dress is much better, and there were some other details that made it much better but I can't remember off the top of my head.
ImagePrincess v2 by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr
ImagePrincess cp by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

ImageStop and "smell" the roses by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr
Second is the "Stop and 'Smell' the Roses" model that I designed for the monthly design challenge a while ago. There is something of a deep interpretation to this model, all you need to know is that the man is holding up a phone in his hand.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

ImageIMG_2755-2 by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr
Bonsai tree designed early March. I thought I posted it but it looks like I may have forgotten.

ImageIMG_2889 by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr
ImageIMG_2895 by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr
ImageIMG_2903 by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

In honor of Easter this year, I designed a model of Jesus, post crucifixion. I made sure to shape the holes in his hands that proved to his disciples that it was Jesus himself, and that he truly did come back to life.

Folded from a square of double tissue (I'd forgotten how good it is!) and on a 38x38 grid.
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

Your Jesus post crucifixion model looks great! I like the posture, its hair and facial hair, and clothing
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Thanks Gerardo!

With free time in quarantine, I started a youtube channel. The first video I uploaded was a tutorial for my sea turtle design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2d1WjBTR4

Enjoy!