Photography by NeverCeaseToCrease

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Photography by NeverCeaseToCrease

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Here's another photo in the moss cup. This one is a mushroom similar to the ones Vincent Floderer makes. I used tissue paper for this one.

Looks pretty good? I do have a bit of a confession. This photo and the deer were both filtered. Here is the original mushroom photo:
The original's pretty good too, I guess.

I think the deer got the most dramatic change.

I assure you all, however, that these two are the only models that were filtered. The others, like the teenage boy, only got a slight light adjustment.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Here are 3 more photos I forgot to include in the previous post. I'll be using these in a project I'll reveal pretty soon... :wink:
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:Looks pretty good? I do have a bit of a confession. This photo and the deer were both filtered.
I assure you all, however, that these two are the only models that were filtered. The others, like the teenage boy, only got a slight light adjustment.
Great job with the slight adjustments. They do look better!
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

First, a reshoot of the girl model from a few months ago.

Second, I was out photographing the IOIO models when I found this magical little spot. The gnarled "tree" in the back is really just a little bush, and the grass in front is just moss. It was like its own little world!
Rabbits by Akira Yoshizawa
Totoro by Shuki Kato

Also, it's a bit subtle, but you might be able to tell that the three mossy photos are slightly fish eyed. My mom bought a macro lens to clip onto phones, and she let me use it. It helps to make the backgrounds blurrier.

https://goo.gl/xX5LGz
Here is the website that I put together. There are some things I put there that aren't on this forum, so enjoy.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

I didn't get a chance to take many outdoor photos this year for the IOIO. There had been some wildfires that were causing dangerous levels of smoke for miles around, so I couldn't go out much; and afterwards, it rained, which put the fires out, thankfully, but not ideal for paper models outside. This was the first of the two photos I got outside: the jumping spider from round one. This was in my backyard's cherry tree, and folded from calligraphy paper.

Here is my personally designed entry for the IOIO this year. This is Guardian of the Woods, a half man half tree creature. I'll have some extra information on my other gallery when I get a chance.

Here is perhaps one of my favorite photos I've taken. This is the tiger by Gen Hagiwara, although it looks like a dog. I like the nice gentle colors, and how the cherry tree in the background is nice and blurry.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

It's been raining and the moss is back in full bloom! Here is a refold of one of my old designs. I think they are much better than last year's photos.
sable7

Post by sable7 »

Those photos are great! The moss fits really well. That design is so cute :)
I’m a young folder from the U.S. I love folding complex models and I’m beginning to design my own.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Finally got a chance to take some pictures outside of my backyard! I took a few models (Cat by Jo Nakashima, Ancient dragon by Satoshi Kamiya, and my own dragon) to a nearby park that was on a hill. The sky was a bit foggy but that meant the moss and grass were nice and green.
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

Love the last picture! I can imagine it as part of a children's fantasy book :).
sable7

Post by sable7 »

Agreed. Great pictures!
I’m a young folder from the U.S. I love folding complex models and I’m beginning to design my own.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

I haven't posted here in a very long time, so here is what I have folded recently:
I am very proud of the first 2 photos. I used someone else's phone, which had a better camera than my own.
Squirrel by Jo Nakashima

Lion by Seth Friedman

Squirrel by Jo Nakashima

Baby dragon, designed by me
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

Love the one of the fold of Seth Friedman's Lion with the dry grass. I wonder how the picture would have looked if it had been taken at sundown.

I wish more people took this kind of photos of their folds :).
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Some new photos!

First is a retake of an old design (from when I was in 5th grade)

Some more photos of Jo Nakashima's squirrel

A wet fold of Giang Dinh's cat, from handmade paper

And finally, I rephotographed Seth Friedman's lion at sunset, as Gerardo suggested.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

I did it! I successfully got a shallow depth of field and some nice blurry backgrounds!
ImageSheep designed by Satoshi Kamiya by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr
ImageSquirrel designed by Jo Nakashima by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1697 by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr
ImageYJ Yusu V2 M by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

The trick is to back away really far, and then zoom in all the way. If you do this on a phone it probably will get really blurry, but if you have a camera, even a "point and shoot," (as long as the lens extends) it won't get super blurry like a phone will. You also need a small aperture number but the zoom makes the most difference.
As you can tell, this one spot on my fence is really nice. You probably wouldn't be able to tell that it's such a nice spot since the tree is so small and far away and the houses are so close on the side, but with the zoom all the way, it looks perfect.
Anyways, I'm going to have to find new spots like those, probably outside of my backyard too :wink:
You can look at my new flickr for now: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185437267 ... 054595273/
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Ok so I've soared to great heights with this one technique. Here are some more photos I've taken since the last time I posted here (It's been a while, huh)

ImagePlant psychologist by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

ImageSelf portrait designed by Brandon Wong. The crane is a separate sheet. by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

ImageSquid vs Whale by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

ImageDancing crane designed by Robert Lang by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2742-2 by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2704 (1)-2 by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

ImageWalking in the rain by The Plant Psychologist, on Flickr

If you didn't know, The Plant Psychologist is my nickname everywhere else except this forum. I especially like the first photo because one could say he's a plant psychologist.
I am also especially proud of the last one, the Walking in the Rain designed by Obelisk. That model is intended to be folded with a single color sheet, but I got a nice patterned paper and thought it'd look nice-- so I modified the crease pattern so her face and hair wouldn't look weird, and as far as I know I am the only person so far to fold that model with a duo paper.