Is it possble to attach a .jpeg of a model I folded?

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
CharlesWallace

Is it possble to attach a .jpeg of a model I folded?

Post by CharlesWallace »

I would like to display one or two "original" models I have folded but it appear the images must have a URL associated with them--they can't be an attachment with the text message. Am I interpreting the way this works correctly? (Note: I did read the FAQ about attachments but it didn't seem to address my question.)

I feel a little like a Luddite. :?

Happy folding to all!
Paul
Grace159

Re: Is it possble to attach a .jpeg of a model I folded?

Post by Grace159 »

The easiest way that I have found Is to upload the image to Flickr then choose the BBC code option under share and copy and paste that bbc code here on the forum. However Flickr won’t give you the share option on a mobile phone. If you don’t have a computer you will have to use an app such as Tapatalk to upload images. Problematic in that the app is plagued with ads and likes to send you lots of emails.

Others may have a simpler answer.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Yes Charles, you're correct, an image can't be attached but there's an easy solution for that, gogle free image hosting service, upload your image there and copy the url.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Yes, it is like Grace and Brimstone said. You have to upload your picture elsewhere before sharing it here. There are lots of free image hosting services. Flickr is very recommendable. When posting here on the Forum, you have to make sure the picture is no larger than 640x640 pixel for flickr, that's the BBCode medium Z (640x480) option. This dates back to a time when websites used to be unresponsive, screens small and internet connections very slow.
CharlesWallace

Post by CharlesWallace »

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
I'll try to make a few model's available to look at this coming weekend.

Happy folding to all,
Paul
CharlesWallace

Post by CharlesWallace »

Okay...this should work:

On my origami website http://paulshoffman.wixsite.com/origamihakken. Cick on the "Work in Progress" menu option and then scroll to the bottom of the age. I've added a proto-model or two; an example of a hand drawn set of instructions--which is why I am learning Inkscape; and a couple of other miscellaneous pictures. (One that looks suspiciously like Opus of Bloom County fame.)

It's a start...

Happy folding to all,
Paul
Last edited by origami_8 on March 7th, 2020, 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved the bold-tags from inside of the url-tags to the outside of the url-tags to make the link work.