My Collection

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
FishHat

My Collection

Post by FishHat »

I've just started on this forum, so I wanted to post some of my origami collection. I've been folding for quite a few years, and I keep my favorite folds on a shelf. Here are some of my favorites!
ImageIMG_3418
ImageIMG_3419
Katsuta Kyohei's Owl, tracing paper painted with spray paint. I didn't think this paper would work, but I think the pink looks great.
ImageIMG_3422
Nguyen Hung Cuong's gorilla, tracing paper painted with spray paint. This is one of my favorite models. I love how angry and intimidating it can look, even though it is just a piece of paper.
ImageIMG_3423 by Darubi Hesketh, on Flickr
Satoshi Kamiya's Rooster, tracing paper painted with spray paint. This model is full of interesting details that I adore. I decided to paint the parts on the head red afterwords.
ImageIMG_3424 by Darubi Hesketh, on Flickr
Robert Lang's Shizuoka Cicada, tracing paper painted with spray paint. Lang is a master of insects, and this model definitely shows this. From the elegant, shapely wings, to the thin legs, this model is truly an amazing fold. It might have been better if hadn't painted it like I did, though.
ImageIMG_3425 by Darubi Hesketh, on Flickr
Nguyen Hung Cuong's water buffalo, tracing paper painted with spray paint. Once again, another amazing model from an amazing designer.
ImageIMG_3426 by Darubi Hesketh, on Flickr
Eric Joisel's self-made man and gnome, elephant hide wet-folded. Eric Joisel is by far my favorite origami designer. He managed to pack so much life into models from extremely simple structures. Rest in peace, Eric.
Well, that's about it! I will continue to add to this as I fold new models. Toodles! =;
Last edited by FishHat on March 23rd, 2020, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baltorigamist

Re: My Collection

Post by Baltorigamist »

None of your photos are being embedded properly. It appears you've posted them to Flickr, so you can just copy the BBCode instead. :)
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
FishHat

Post by FishHat »

Oops! I also need to scale my images down.
FishHat

Post by FishHat »

Fixed!
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

What is the tessellation below the fish owl? I like that model and would like to fold it. To specify, below, to the left of the owl. Nice revealing kusudama. Where did you find the elephant head model?
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.
FishHat

Post by FishHat »

The tessellation is just a waterbomb tessellation inspired by one made by Ilan Garibli. Thanks for commenting!
FishHat

Post by FishHat »

Since it takes too long to upload, here is my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/187548857@N03/
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

You're welcome! Great models! Where did you find the model? I can find a smaller one but not one with that many (square thingies). It seems like it isn't too complicated, I will have to fold it. Also, I think you have the designer wrong, it is Eric Gjerde.(did I spell it right(the last name) Maybe I just will have to get the book... :?
Nvm, you are right in the name.
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.
StepanyanMirkhavoyan

Post by StepanyanMirkhavoyan »

when i click on it. it couldn't open.
yeah it is on flicker but nice collection
appreciated