Stop Motion Origami

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
dotchnoy

Re: Stop Motion Origami

Post by dotchnoy »

Hi all, here is my newest video, Stop Motion Origami Mouse.
While making this video, I made few mistakes because of poor planning (you can see it in the video). However, I decided to keep going on because the paper used for this model was really good and I couldn't find any paper better than this one. For the model, overall I am happy with the end result especially the ear part (which I have to make it round)and the paper used for this model (I think the color of the paper is really great for this model). I think that's all I can say for this video, I hope you all enjoy this one.
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

Simple origami models are the best aren't they? They are beautiful and easy to fold like this origami piano. To be honest, I enjoyed making the stop motion animation of this model because it is so simple and didn't give me headache (no reverse fold, no need to turn over the paper, etc) :D . One more thing, if you guys have any idea of which origami model you want to see in my next video, just comment below. Thanks :wink:
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

Look at the paper on the table!!

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's superman!!
Actually it's an origami bird.

Hi everybody, here is my newest video. For some parts of this video, I tried to make the movement smoother by adding pictures used for the animation. However adding pictures makes the movement looks a bit too slow, so I'm still considering if I want to continue this way for my next video. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this one, thanks.
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I last posted on this forum. Right now, I'm a bit busy so, I might not be able to make videos frequently like I used to. Anyway, here is my newest video, Stop Motion Origami Lotus Flower. This model is the hardest to fold so far. First, I used kami paper to fold this model and it turned out that the paper is too thick, which made the paper movement at some parts of this video aren't really smooth, and to fold this model you have to do a lot of outside reverse folds (I forgot the name of the folds, it's either this one or petal fold) which could easily tear the paper. So, before making this video, I have to find the most harmless method to do those folds. Final words, I am really happy with this one and props to my brother for making such a good music for this video (I really like the music in this one). So, even if you don't like the video, I'm sure you'll like the music.
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

Hi everyone, here is my newest video

Happy to be back!! I hope you all enjoy this one. This model is quite easy to fold and final result looks good. For my next video I'm planning to do something different, maybe folding my own design or a more complex traditional model.
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

My longest video until now, it took almost 10 hours to make this video. While making this video, the phone used to take the pictures was out of battery, so I had to take it off the tripod and charged it. However, that made the camera's focus changed and unfortunately I couldn't return it back :( . So, this accident becomes an important lesson to me as I need to find a way to charge my phone without changing the focus. Overall, I'm not too happy with this video because I feel that I can do better. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this video and I have decided to make a video featuring my own origami design once my channel has 10 subscribers, so make sure you guys subscribe. Thank you :wink:
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

Happy new year everyone, long time no see. I've been a bit busy for the last couple of months, that's why I haven't uploaded any video since last month. Well, those busy times are gone (hopefully) and I hope I can upload more frequently. Since my subscribers are 13 now, Here as promised before stop motion animation of my first origami design

One more thing, you guys can give suggestion of which model do you want to see in the next video. Just comment here or on Youtube and please also give the detail about the designer so I can ask for permission. Enjoy watching !!! :D :D
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

This is my own origami design. I decided to make the stop motion animation because this model is not too complicated (still took long time to do that though). I've always wanted to make an animal origami which has two colors like this one. Animals that came to my mind were tiger, panda, whale, and penguin. So, I decided to make a penguin since it's the simplest one and I like simple origami. I hope you enjoy this video, for the next one I'm planning to do traditional origami again. So, stay tuned until next time :) :) :)
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

Hello everyone, Hope everyone stay safe and healthy
New video Origami Wallet

It's amazing how origami can help us or at least me to save money. Now I don't have to buy wallet anymore because I can make one from paper :D :D and you actually can put money in it if you make it big enough (or you can fold the money instead). I hope you all like this one, thank you.
Origami_Hunt

Post by Origami_Hunt »

Nice animations.
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

Origami_Hunt wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 7:47 am Nice animations.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it :D :D
dotchnoy

Post by dotchnoy »

One of my favorite so far. First, the paper is great. I really like the color, it makes the final model look like a real wooden boat.
Second, the animation is really smooth. I like the part where I have to unfold (or unsink?) the paper (towards the end of the video), it was really hard but it seems really flawless in the video. Last, the music is really good, it goes really well with the animation. When I listen to this song, it makes me feel like I'm chilling on a sampan on calm river.

I think that's all I can say, happy to be back and hopefully you all enjoy this video as much as I do. Thank you