FearlessFlourish Origami

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
FearlessFlourish

FearlessFlourish Origami

Post by FearlessFlourish »

Hey everyone!

Long time user of the origami forum but since i forgot the password to my previous account and couldn't remember which email to use to reset it (tried lots!) now i think its best to start from scratch!

My name is Grant, also known as FearlessFlourish. Been folding for exactly 10 years, this november is my 10 year anniversary of folding and so happy that I'm still doing it to this day :D.

I don't think there is anything more special than creating something so unique from a single square of paper.

Il be sharing lots of model pictures aswelll as paper aswell!

Happy folding fellow folders.
Baltorigamist

Re: FearlessFlourish Origami

Post by Baltorigamist »

Welcome back!
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
FearlessFlourish

Turtle by Jang Yong Ik

First thing first, took me forever to figure out how to embed/attach a image, been trying for the past hour to get it to pop up every time i hit preview haha

I guess il start of with my most recent post, I had made this model over 2 years ago. At the time i had been looking for a turtle design but out of all the ones i saw, this captured my attention the most simply due to its unique "cartoonish" look yet simplicity from the folds by others.

This is one of those unique designs that are very lifelike with minimal steps, a very enjoyable sequence and paired a multicoloured sheet of any colour, will net you a really cool looking model in the end!

FearlessFlourish

I re-created a 44 million year old fossil by embedding an origami mosquito from 1 uncut square of paper into a gentle amber resin!

I made a 5 part video series showcasing how it was made on my youtube channel FearlessFlourish https://www.youtube.com/fearlessflourish

cleverLCS

Post by cleverLCS »

That's pretty nice! It makes me wonder if origami + resin has been used much to make jewelry and such.
Geometry teachers see problems from different angles.
J0shrocks

Post by J0shrocks »

How do you upload images?
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

cleverLCS wrote: February 22nd, 2022, 1:54 pm That's pretty nice! It makes me wonder if origami + resin has been used much to make jewelry and such.
Yes it's been done by hundreds of people
FearlessFlourish

J0shrocks wrote: March 12th, 2022, 10:59 am How do you upload images?
You upload the pictures to imgur ( i do ), log in to your account or the last option wont appear therefore you cant embed here, hover over either a single image or album with your mouse, click the top right pencil icon that appears, then hover over the 3 dots icon [ ... ] and click "get share links"then click "copy link" next to the "BBCode [Forums]" then just paste it here when making a post.
bluejayfold

Post by bluejayfold »

It looks like you got it out of a museum. Amazing.
FearlessFlourish

Thanks !
FearlessFlourish

The in progress base and the completed base for theplantpyscologists hex pleat rattle snake!

Using my custom coloured Venom paper.

Il be shaping this model slightly different and doing something that i have always wanted to do with previous models, not finish it.

But why would i do that!?

To me the most impressive part is collapsing, this intensely beautiful concoction of complexity and simplicity with how all the creases work and come together in the end to give the finished model its look but when finishing a model, all of this gets completely hidden!

So shaping it in a way that shows the model yet all of its inner beauty will be the goal and i cannot wait to see how this turns out ! :D

Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

Nice work in progress, and that paper is really beautiful!
FearlessFlourish

Golden Owl by kyohei katsuta !

“Golden” hence this sheet i made awhile back contains 1g of 23.75ct gold powder, gotten from one of my crazy ideas i just had to pursue haha.

Originally i never planned to use this sheet but the idea of doing an “eagle” of some sort always stuck with me but after going back and forth between a list possible models to choose from, over time i finally settled on this owl.

The owl has the most open paper usage, nothing compressed or hidden to small, very efficient final model size from starting sheet, lots of open layers and full 3d body.

Paper size was around 67cm at 18gsm.

The back of the head has some cotton wool placed inside to gently puff out and the invisible wire holding the legs togehter is temporary until i decide if i want to wire it somehow, little to no glue ised aswell to help keep everything open.

And if interested, i have a video showing how it was made from start to finish on my youtube channel ! https://youtu.be/WAGfcUPygVA
FearlessFlourish

One old T Rex Skeleton! by Issei Yoshino, multiple sheets, modular.

This model was made back in 2014 and at that time, this was a model that really fascinated me and also intrigued me if it were possible from 1 shet aswell.

The paper i used was (if i remember0 elephant hide paper which is perfect for this as the strength & thickness of the paper provides alot of support through the entire model.

I made a video showing it in more detail, sadly i couldn't find any progress pictures for this one https://youtu.be/D0Iro-kEj1U
FearlessFlourish

Hex Pleat Rattle Snake by theplantpsychologist
From the crease pattern.

Finally completing a long awaited goal of mine by not fully finishing a model to simply show the progress of starting as a flat sheet of paper to the finished fold, this case UNfinished :D

Paper used is my custom SmokeChi paper at around 80cm, size is borderline perfect, i would advise larger as the triangle grid get very very small even at this size.

It was the hardest decision to go against my gut on not finishing it to achieve my goal but could not be happier !