FearlessFlourish Origami

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
FearlessFlourish

Re: FearlessFlourish Origami

Post by FearlessFlourish »

Wyvern Dragon by 阿寒姑凉

Video Showcasing how is was made on my Youtube channel with a partial video tutorial [2 parts] https://www.youtube.com/c/FearlessFlourish
As far as I'm aware, he/she is the designer as they were the first to post it on a Chinese forum https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E6%8A%98% ... 8&ie=utf-8... (Scroll down) including a better quality and colour crease pattern, if I'm wrong let me know with proof, out of everyone i asked, only 1 person knew haha.

All precreased !

Paper used is my Custom made SmokeChi at around 70cm
Contains 0.5g of 12ct gold powder and 1 leaf of Genuine Palladium Leaf (metal) so alot of metal haha

One of the things i did quite extensively was modify the base, simply as i did not like the original outcome, you have lots of close flaps together for the top of the back that not much could be done with and many extra layers on the head that would be hidden and wasted by shaping it colour side up, SO!

What i did was shape white side up, the opposite of what the designer did, to make use of all the extra & hidden layers but quickly realised all the flaps i need to create the rough "spikes" to go all the way gown the body were on the side you wouldn't see so had to sink through all the layers i need, as much as possible, you wont see the other side as body will be fully closed so mush is allowed!

This resulted in alot of colour changes, making hella use of the shiny side, to then go and colour change many other parts.

FearlessFlourish

Hello all !

I finally got to making this origami dream of mine come true,

Getting one of my most precious and luxurious sheets finally framed.

A dream of mine to do ever since i started creating my own paper but the question was always what paper? What colour?, what size?….was just endless until recently where this sheet of SmokeChi really stood out, the combination of black, white and peach with over 2 grams of 12ct gold, a unique crisp no other sheet has and just sang to get framed.
I could not be happier!

FearlessFlourish

Hercules Beetle by Satoshi Kamiya !

Paper used is single treated black tissue paper and painted the colour change a metallic gold acrylic.

Folded the model quite a few years ago, now finally getting proper pictures of it ! :D

FearlessFlourish

Kota Imai's forest scorpion !
Made a few years ago, new pictures.

Folded from the crease pattern.

Paper is my custom black PenChi.

The perfect model to test for crease pattern solving skills by diving into this :D

Been going through and taking new pictures of lots of models for every day December posing to my Instagram and very happy with how these turned out, much better than the normal light box !

For the legs, as the width of them is very thin, to have it 3d and fully round at both sides i pulled some layers out while gluing to make them wider so i could capture the thickness of them from every angle, as opposed to just the front view if i never did.

FearlessFlourish

Shuki Kato's Asian Elephant

The most beautiful elephant design to ever exist that you have to make !

FearlessFlourish

Happy New Year Everyone !!!!

I wish everyone great happiness for 2023 and plenty of origami !

One of my all time personal favourites, Rooster by kim ju hyeong, from the crease pattern.

if you are a complex crease pattern enthusiast, this is perfect for you :D

Though do be warned, its tricky !

FearlessFlourish

Dragon Egg.

This is the first ever origami model to officially be created with Midjourney's artificial intelligence program by myself, then brought to life and designed by my great friend Gonçalo as part of my design challenge i did recently.

This is the paper that i will be using to make my friend Gonçalo Chambel's Dragon Egg Paper which you can see on his Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/origambel/?hl=en

This sheet of paper has been planned for the past 3 weeks or ever since the dragon egg was posted along with the crease pattern, knowing that i could finally make the ridiculous idea, that started of this unique chain reaction of ideas on how to make the paper, what to use, colour, effect, depth and more!

What really intrigues me the most is what it will fully look like when there is a light added inside the egg to have it glow, that specific idea right there was shown in the renders MG created and sparked the idea of is it even possible to recreate?, to have it uniquely glowing from within, a vibrant warmth of light radiating of the colours of the paper, to me, makes this so much more meaningful and the final result so unique.

The method for pre creasing this model is using my ghost creasing technique, to make only the creases within the crease pattern providing the cleanest look possible.

FearlessFlourish

The finished Dragon Egg !

The first ever model to be created by Midjourney artificial intelligence by myself, to see the idea, image & prompt of a "Origami Dragon Egg" fully rendered by MJ to a near lifelike origami design to then be completely brought to life and fully designed by my great friend Gonçalo Chambel, who took on my design challenge to try and bring this idea to life!

Make sure you follow Gonçalo as he completely deserves all the credit for making all this even possible & being part of the first Human & AI joint design !

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/origambel/?hl=en
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@Origambel
Ko-fi - https://ko-fi.com/origambel/shop

Full video showcasing this Golden Dragon Egg on my YouTube channel today ! - https://youtu.be/a0WIUjJIcsk

My custom bespoke paper - Night Ice , named by Aditya Jain
18gsm SmokeChi, marbled triage of white and blue, 1.5gram of 12 caret gold powder, at around 75cm, after ghost creasing and trimming away excess paper, near 60cm

FearlessFlourish

Puffer Fish by Sipho Mabona !

Folded using the diagram in the book "Tanteidan 14th convention" using my custom ElviChi at around 65cm, 16 -18gsm, containing shades of yellow, green and orange with vibrant shines.

This model has the ability to inflate and deflate just like the real thing!, depending on how well you made the model airtight at all the seams, the results be extraordinary better!

Simply blow into mouth in and out or by using your hands to stretch the model by pulling from the back fin and the mouth to compressing those 2 points, whichever is easier for you to do, this was is safer as you don't rick getting liquid into it via the mouth.

The base of the model!, everything after this point is shaping.

The underside, very satisfying :D

And the paper, everything was fully pre creased individually (not through layers) and stuck together with a dry method for maximum accuracy.

Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

As always, very nice paper! (The result is also beautiful.)
Those white "worm-like" things on the precreased sheet, are they some glue to keep the model in shape?
FearlessFlourish

Kabuntan wrote: March 31st, 2023, 3:32 pm As always, very nice paper! (The result is also beautiful.)
Those white "worm-like" things on the precreased sheet, are they some glue to keep the model in shape?
Hey!, thank you so much !!

Its called "blu tac" here in scotland, its a soft sticky substance which i used to apply to areas that required glue to hold the model and layers together, why?, it provides a dry method of attachment, keeping all the layers together as glue/liquid glue of some sort would do BUT you are left with zero marks that a wet method of attachment would leave, even sticking the layers together with mc (as stated in diagram) can really warp the paper after dry so with this, to me with blu tac, you get the best out of everything.
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

Thanks for the explanation. This seems to be a convenient product indeed!
FearlessFlourish

An origami Bonsai Tree with 300 individual cranes !

The cranes are from commissioned O-Gami Paper, shades of white, light blue, blue and dark blue.

There is invisible wire (magicians wire), basically a spiderweb format holding up the foliage for extra support from each of the branches, allowing the extra support of natural curvature of gravity pulling it down.

Adding it here :D

Paper is around 150cm.

FearlessFlourish

My new, up to date origami collection with a selection of models !

This is something that NEVER gets done, so many amazing folds by others but no collection pictures :(

I wanted to do mine aswell encourage others to do the same, we need more collection pictures !

FearlessFlourish

Vase (bicurvepotb) by Robert Lang, ghost creased onto 150gsm approx sheet of marbled blue and white from Cavepaper.