My Creations

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
iAm4free

Another One!!

Post by iAm4free »

Floral Box

Square Box with the Separator I don't know to which Designer the Separater belongs to but its not mine.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

So that means you've been designing 5 and a half years longer than I have? Wow...
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Cupcake wrote:So that means you've been designing 5 and a half years longer than I have? Wow...
But its always been in patches :) i design and then go into a holiday and then i design go into a holiday and design... but now i decided to keep designing :) coz its fun....
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
Perpetual_Odium

Post by Perpetual_Odium »

:shock: ... You been designing a year longer than I've been folding and folding three years longer than I've been alive!
My heart bleeds what little purity I have left through these eyes of mine; leaving me dry inside.
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Perpetual_Odium wrote::shock: ... You been designing a year longer than I've been folding and folding three years longer than I've been alive!
:)

- St. Francis of Assisi
Perpetual_Odium

I wonder how long it'll be until I start designing... if ever; i hope it's soon. Have any suggestions on how to get there?
My heart bleeds what little purity I have left through these eyes of mine; leaving me dry inside.
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Perpetual_Odium wrote:I wonder how long it'll be until I start designing... if ever; i hope it's soon. Have any suggestions on how to get there?
Fold every diagram which is available to you initially from different variety of books, then you will know the different types of folds that can be done. Once you know this you can keep fiddling around with the different folds. Most importantly you need to know how to do the basic shapes in origami, this you can find in most of the books or even on the internet.

Since some of the origami books are expensive you can go to book stores and memorize the models and come out and do it quickly or you can go back again inside and learn how to do the steps which you have missed. I used to do this.

Practise is going to be the key. Just keep folding when you have some free time. Once you get the hold of it, you can start to think, after this much you start to think "what if I fold it with a sink, a mountain fold, etc..." and suddenly you are opened up to a set of whole new folds. Its all about practice and sometimes thought and as cupcake mentioned in the other topic doodling.

The first model might be nothing, but never loose heart, keep going on... Out of 10 models you create 1/2 might be good enough to be called a design the others are scrapped away. So just keep designing!!!!!!! till u get the perfect one.

Happy Folding!!!! I will wait to see u'r creations :)

- St. Francis of Assisi
iAm4free

Bunchberry Flower

Post by iAm4free »

Bunchberry Flower
I came up with this yesterday!

- St. Francis of Assisi
martinr

Post by martinr »

ok sorry :-)
Last edited by martinr on April 23rd, 2007, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

This isn't required :) See the next post!
Last edited by iAm4free on April 23rd, 2007, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- St. Francis of Assisi
Perpetual_Odium

ouch...rejection sucks :cry:

thanks for the advice. the only problem is that
so many of the models are either to complex or
not sufficiently pleasing in terms of aesthetics. A
catch-22 i suppose... not wanting fold what will
enable me to be able to fold what i want to fold.
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

martinr wrote:ok sorry :-)
Hey dude np man!! I am just too organized at times which I know sucks... at times :) and thanks for being understanding.

- St. Francis of Assisi
Watusa

Post by Watusa »

Perpetual_Odium wrote:ouch...rejection sucks :cry:

thanks for the advice. the only problem is that
what i did was choose an easy model (the crane actually) and just got obsessed with it, folding it over and over and over. this seemed to make me a lot better. remember that each origami model is, after all, just a bunch of valley and mountain folds. so while understanding what you have to do is a different matter, practising the basic folds should improve your technique.
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Perpetual_Odium wrote: thanks for the advice. the only problem is that
Hey,
I donot like all the models which are in the books. So I hardly purchase them. I only like 1/2 models, my taste is like simple looking models, even if they are complex to do. But when you start to fold you need to have the passion to fold, eventually you will start to design. When I started to fold I never intended to design models, I just folded coz I liked to fold. What you can do is you can choose the models which suit your taste and try to fold them. Sometimes a few instructions are tough to understand in books and better if they're shown visually, so if you really get fed-up leave that model and try another one. Eventually you will be able to fold the model which you had missed out. Let me know if you need any help.
- Nikhil

- St. Francis of Assisi
Perpetual_Odium

Watusa wrote:
what i did was choose an easy model (the crane actually) and just got obsessed with it, folding it over and over and over. this seemed to make me a lot better. remember that each origami model is, after all, just a bunch of valley and mountain folds. so while understanding what you have to do is a different matter, practicing the basic folds should improve your technique.
I actually did that the frog and flapping bird... 5 years ago. but i feel as if my folding has deteriorated due to two years
of not folding. My problem, embarrassingly enough, is more with diagram reading(for the more complex models)
and closed sinks... i don't think i've ever encountered a closed sink

Ohh... and thanks Nikhil