My very first model

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Taulmarill

My very first model

Post by Taulmarill »

I was interested in doing some Origami for a while now, but what really got me motivated was the model of Yoda i found. since this is not exactly newbie friendly i decided to look for something easier. so here is a Sea Horse I made.
[img]http://taulmarill.de/origami/070116_Sea_Horse.jpg[/img]
comments welcome.

Also I would like to ask, if there are recommended websites or books (english or german) for beginners.
Twisthem488

Post by Twisthem488 »

Being somewhat a newb myself I cant critique you, but I wanted to congratulate you on a job well done, and welcome you to the forums :D
I hope to see you folding a Yoda soon. In fact, that looks like something I might like to try.
Last edited by Twisthem488 on January 18th, 2007, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Ahh, pajarita.org's yoda. It's been a long time since I folded that :)

Welcome to the forumImage, very nice sea horse!
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

I think it's great for a beginner :D
My Flickr, please comment!
steyen

Post by steyen »

thats a good start! =)
welcome to forum.
have you tried all models in http://www.origami.com?
i started by folding all models from there 8)
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Thats a great site. It literaly has millions of diagrams! There's to many to belive that they were all collected by a human, not a robot! :shock:
My Flickr, please comment!
steyen

Post by steyen »

agreed.but i only managed to finish the moderate category and almost all of the advanced category models
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

I've been giving my Mum's Boyfriend's Daughter origami lessons and books because she's a newbie, she's picking it up very fast.

I recommend, depending on where you're at, The Origami Handbook; , for people who are practicing. It's rather simple but has some complex models too and great but simple ones to help you practice certain folds.

But if you're like me and want a challenge, try Origami Omnibus, Kunihiko Kasahara. It's got easy models throught to complex mathematical models and formulas. I like this one because it get progressively harder and still makes it all seem simple.

Modular is good for practicing certain folds too. If you're interested try: This Site or This One. Both Excellent Sites, in fact, both fantastic links from the same site...

Happy folding! :)