A few designs of mine, some new, some not

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
zerobar

A few designs of mine, some new, some not

Post by zerobar »

Haven't been on here in a while (school's kept me busy) and thought I'd post some of the things I've designed. Some of these I recently came up with. Other's I designed back in high school.

Came up with this one today. It's a variation on a human figure base I came up with in high school. The base starts out as a blintz base, if anyone wants to try and figure it out. :wink: I think, it'd probably make a good "thing" from the fantastic four, too, if you got rid of the belt and had blue/ orange paper.

These I came up with a few days ago, sitting in a boring class. The final form is inspired by a variation I did on the "Dama" model, by an artist whose name I can't remember.

These two I came up with back in high school. Interestingly enough, I designed the caterpillar first, and then came up with the butterfly some 2 months later. They're completely different directions in design, with the caterpillar taking a heavy stance on details and the butterfly on form. But I think the contradiction suits the subject matter, and the real life differences well.

I've got a couple other bill folds I did in high school, that I'll try and replicate and get up here some time. Until then, I'm happy to be able to check back in again, and open to any suggestions.
-Derek
Last edited by zerobar on February 26th, 2007, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Great butterfly.
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

Thanks, i think i could actually post some diagrams for it, if I have some time to draw them up this weekend. It's really pretty simple.
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

just drew up some diagrams, for the butterfly, really quickly. They're not very good, but the model's simple, so they should work. I'll see if I can scan them in and post them tonight.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Nice models, zerobar

Are you still working on the predator? :wink: You didn't post any pictures of it
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

No, I finished it, and i posted pictures of it a while back, but i think the hosting site deleted the pictures and my computer went down. I can try and post some new ones later.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

They are still there:
viewtopic.php?p=16269#16269
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Cupcake wrote:Nice models, zerobar

Are you still working on the predator? :wink: You didn't post any pictures of it
And the funniest part: Cupcake has two posts commenting on it. :D
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Hey! I didn't know he was completely done designing it!
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

New design, also my submission for the "best in show" thread. Uses a blintzed form of the same base as the wrestler. I might try and make one out of a bigger sheet of paper, with better colors. But, for now, this one will do.

WAR PIG (this is a new one i think is better looking than the old red one i had on here) edit: (NOW IN FOCUS!!!)
Last edited by zerobar on February 26th, 2007, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I've got a friend who's username is War Pig (not on this forum). Your and his ideas of a war pig are completely different. Here's his view, which I am trying to design:
[img]http://my.bzflag.org/bb/images/avatars/ ... 45a1d8.gif[/img]
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

Yeah, I think that partly the inspiration came from these characters in the first Maximo game. They were these little anthropomorphized pigs that carried these huge hammers. It'd make an interesting model, if I could find an image of one.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

A reminder to everyone and especially zerobar:

Please check your private messages regularly. You can find them through the link on the top of each page.
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

^sorry bout that. Fixed all my new ones. I hadn't figured out how to resize them, but I got it now.

New creation: Wild Boar

Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Zerobar, your designs are great! You need to make CPs, I'd love to fold some of these models.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs