Andrey Ermakov

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Re: Andrey Ermakov

Post by GWB origami »

anermak wrote:Thank you very much, guys!!!))
yoda
square 15-15 cm,
22,5 deg
30 min
tissue-foil
it looks alot like fumiaki kawahata's master yoda.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

not exactly, but its similar...
they are completely structurally different. Kawahata's is more 3d, Andrey's is more 2d.
The connect of the hand to the stick is also different - in Kawahata's, the stick IS the hand. and there is another hand. there are so many differences, just compare the photos to see what i am talking about :)
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

You may try to fold both of them - you all see will become clear - completely different internal structure and combination of internal valves. Do not be mislead some similarity between the shape and posture - in the end it's Yoda, and it should not be like no one else.
Some time later - I will publish another version, it is completely different from the well-known item of Yoda image, but that no less than it is based on the basis of this pattern ..
kowal

Post by kowal »

when i have read "completely different from well-know item of yoda image", my very first thought were those drawings: yoda fighting (they're from an album with concept arts for star wars 3)
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa20 ... CF2093.jpg

i was going to make a figure based on those drawings, but my designing skills are still too low :|
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

the Fighters of Muay Thai is my favorite :)
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

WoW just finished looking at all your stuff and all I can say is WOW
this might sound like spam... can you look at my gallery because I want a pro like you to tell me he to improve my folds ok my gallery: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9973
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

In a way, that is spamming. You must take your time during folding :) Don't get excited or impatient, and try rush to the finished product :)
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

;D ok thanks
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

Also, Some folds will take more than one try. I make the mistake of rushing to the finished product sometimes (Mostly on stuff by Brian Chan and Kamiya). But I recommend doing a really crappy fold of something out of printer paper, and then once you get the folding sequence down, then do a fold in good paper :)
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

uhm...i beg to differ with you on the part of 'making a really crappy fold of something out of printer paper', though your concept is right.

printing paper is far too small to make a decent fold of anything, and you will likely get the sequence wrong if you do it with that. there is plenty of cheap, large, and nice papers for test folds. tissue paper, for example. get a few sheets (or one if the model is that complex) and paint some methylcellulose on it. 1000x better than using printer paper for a test fold. also, try your best on your test folds, don't do a 'crappy job' on it! that will always screw you over in the end.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

Well it works for me. :) Unless your thinking about models like the ancient dragon. In that case, I would use tracing paper as a test fold.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

ok thanks guys :) I will be getting a lot of paper for school I will buy about $400 worth of it :D so then I will have good paper to work with right now I am stuck with endless squished up craft paper, lots of small kami, some small foil paper and some rapping paper.
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

Trilobite OP*
My newest design, full CP (OP-grid + m/v) will be in my book ( viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9143&start=15 )
square 1m-1m
craft

phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

awesome design, i really like it. nice job.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

sooooooo realistic! i love it!
PS i folded your unicorn and i think it is great!