Origami Display

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Origami Display

Post by qtrollip »

We all go to great extremes to fold a model as perfect as possible with the best paper possible. Some of us even practice several times before folding "the masterpiece"! But what do we do to display it properly?
I think that should be just as important as the folding of the model.
I like to combine wood with origami, as some papers are made from wood.
Here are some photos of wooden objects made by me specifically for origami!
[/img]
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Ok, Quentin, that's just sick... if you'll excuse me I'm going to cry myself to sleep...

I hope your house has enough room for drawers that store clothing or kitchen untesils :D . I love the pegasus with the fat empty frame. Just awesome.
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

JeossMayhem, if it makes you feel better, I had to leave everything in South Africa when I moved over to Canada. So I don't even have the stuff! That sort of makes me want to cry myself to sleep!
Now I am renovating my girlfriend's house, so I don't have much time for woodwork (or origami) anymore. Hopefully soon!
I do make wooden bases for the models that need support. Make them from cherry wood, which is a beautiful wood. But that's it for now. We don't have space for more furniture, so I won't make any new stuff.
GreyGeese

Post by GreyGeese »

While I appreciate your displays, it is the quality of your models that really grabs my attention. Not only are there several that I cannot fold at all, but your creases are perfect, the details are sharply defined, there is no obvious paper-creep, and (perhaps most impressive) the non-creased surfaces are wrinkle-free. :o I aspire to fold that well someday.
emberjelly

Post by emberjelly »

those are AMAZING insects!