Gallery of Jon Tucker

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Jonnycakes -

After you put the Hex-Guide together (for Halloween :-), you might consider sending a copy to Robert Lang and asking him about suggestions for improvement... and a few places to get it published.

In addition to the Conference proceedings or Origami Magazines, there may be a Journal of "Origami Mathematics" to publish in.

[Please try to come up with a few other models as examples, and reasons why Hex-pleating works better for those models...]

Excellent insight !

- Hank Simon
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Wow, I guess a guide to this would be pretty popular. I didn't think about getting it published, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Lang will want to write about it...
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Just wondering, Jonnycakes... Did you ever get back to that Violinist CP that you made (It's on page 1 of this topic)? If you did, I would be interested to know how it turned out, because I actually folded the CP. Now I have an unfinished base, waiting to be shaped. I'll post a picture of it, once I get my digital camera back from my dad. :)
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

I kinda abandoned it-I think I tried too hard on the CP. The grid seems too small to work with. I just wanted to try it because I liked the dress. The shaping should be straight-forward-you need to sink the fingers to make them thinner and shape the violin/bow.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

A new design:

Cockatrice

The folded model:

mastermattdude

Post by mastermattdude »

Nice design Johnnycakes- If you changed up the tail it would look like an awesome Archaeopteryx.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Thanks, and that is a good idea-maybe I will try it out sometime.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

very nice desgin! :D
wangwei999

Post by wangwei999 »

very good! :o
thank you for sharing!