Gallery of Zebu's Origami

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
godzebu

Gallery of Zebu's Origami

Post by godzebu »

Hey all,

I've been really busy lately with work and very discouraged due to “my consecutive failer” in trying to figure out Ryu Zin 3.5.

So I decide to take some time off this weekend and do some FUN origami.
("Fun" as in easier than Ryu Zin 3.5).

So I made SK's Ancient dragon with some variation.

As some of you may notice when you see these photos. I am NOT "Purist" when it comes to origami. I understand the concept and do my best to stay with it (one square, no cut, no glue, etc...)

However, when it comes to the final product that is worthy of "display" I like to go few steps more (especially if it is for someone else like this dragon).

These include:

1. Using GLUE drops to hold the parts tighter
2. Alter from original design during "shaping" (still I do not cut the paper... cutting paper... now THAT! I can NOT do.)
3. Airbrushing to give color.
4. Added bonus.. for example, for this Ancient dragon, I’ve added “glow in the dark” paint job on its horns so it GLOWS IN THE DARK!! Yeah!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8877661@N03/2430996687/

Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8877661@N03/2430981401/

Happy folding everyone!

Zebu
Rdude

Post by Rdude »

That is pretty cool! I love the glowing horns! Nice folding.

Andrew
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Interesting colors. It looks cool-good combination of colors-but it's not my personal style. Painting the finished piece certainly adds another dimension, doesn't it?
godzebu

Post by godzebu »

it sure does...

It was not my personal choice neither. However, the person I made for "LOVES" the color blue and red.

Anyways, I love making SK's Ancient Dragon and I make them whenever possible (also having it memorized definately makes me favor it. I hate being glued to the book for the design)

Happy foldings everyone!

zebu
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

Apparently, Kamiya has already made the crease pattern for Ryuzin 3.5 and quite a few people on the forums have it. Artur Berniacki has almost finished folding his one. Link

I'm just wondering, if someone was to offer you the cp, would you take it or continue trying to figure it out yourself?

On the off chance that you didn't know about the cp, please stop pulling out your hair and bashing your head against the wall. Thank you.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
godzebu

Post by godzebu »

Of course I'll take them (privately)

I would love to see how close I came to getting it.

Thanks for the encouragement.

zebu
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

I wish I had paid more attention while I was there!
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Haha, ditto.
I can't find my picture I took with Kamiya-san.... or the rest of my Origami House photos.... I must have left those home too.

I don't know whether to be amazed at how big or small it is. That sheet was probably almost as tall as Quentin there, but how Kamiya got the body to be so long even with all those tesselations is remarkable.
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

I can suppose, that two meters long (and of course wide) paper can lead to one meter long dragon: 10% can spent head and the rest consume scales. Someone, who folded this model can calculated it more correct. :)
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz