Sunburst

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

legionzilla : No, these weren't on the monthly folding challenge. I did not participate in the challenge this month.

Jonnycakes : Hmm... My advice would be to try flattening out one layer at a time (the one that appears on the final result would be best). It is only natural that you see every shapes under the layers if you flatten everything at the same time. If for some reason you can't properly reach some layers, either try to partially unfold your model or try to hide the wrinkles as best as you can.

Zoraz : I've added the CPs for my zombie and my yellow faerie (I had already drawn it a while ago) on my flickr gallery if you are interested. The zombie can be hard to shape, but it is a good color-changing exercise. The faerie is really fun to fold (at least for me (she's also part of my favorite creations)) and it is possible to make a lot of variations based on her CP.

Zombie CP :

Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

Thanks for posting those, Sunburst! Now I have something to work on after Gabriel is finished.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

The CP looks interesting.
legionzilla : No, these weren't on the monthly folding challenge. I did not participate in the challenge this month.
No... I'm talking about the old one, you know the one back then that you won, your mermaid won.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Here are the models I folded in the past two weeks. There are three models by other authors and two creations.

Dragon & Rider by Angrydemon.
Something I wanted to fold since I saw it's picture here on the forum. However, the model was a lot harder than expected. I had a lot of issues with the diagrams (or maybe I just folded in a wrong way) as some parts of my result did not look in the diagram. So, I had to improvise the legs and the head.

Capricorn by Petr Stuchly
A very cool model. I had to refold this model since I had folded the scales backwards. This has led me however to discover that this model can be color-changed. As such, I have color-changed the hooves, the horns and the tail.

Guinea Pig by blue paper.
A very cool model that's very enjoyable to fold. My favorite part of the model is the head and nose, which are made in a very clever way.

Ghost by myself.
I finally found a way to have the opening of a model in the front of the model instead of behind. As such, this will lead me to design a lot more color-changed charaters... starting with this ghost. This model has an incredibly simple base, which just shows that intesive shaping is required :wink:.

Death by myself.
He uses a very similar base to that of my ghost, except with a face and hands. The scythe is folded from a square half the length of the one used for Death himself.

Cephalopod

Post by Cephalopod »

Excellent folds!
Visit my flickr gallery! Please :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38104997@N08/
Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

That ghost is absolutely AMAZING!!! I love the white/blue color change, and the flowy cloth-in-the-wind look of it. Is it wetfolded?
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

No, that's tissue foil! Great job on your 2 new designs. The ghost's robe is incredible, especially from tissue foil, and death is very well done. The scythe is awesome.
Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

Jonnycakes wrote:No, that's tissue foil!
Whoops! Forgot what kind of paper it was for a second. At first glance though it looked like something that could be wetfolded, then after I posted i remembered......its probably boxpleating.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Wow! Especially good work with Petr's Capricorn, most first tries are not that accurate!
The dragon, on the other hand, is quite badly folded, the neck is too long and wings too short.
For your designs, I really like the ghost, to me, it looks..... cute. Casper?
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thank you for your great comments (and critics)!

Zoraz: Jonnycakes is right, the ghost is folded from tissue foil. I take it as a compliment if you thought it was wetfolded :wink:. And yes, almost all of my designs use boxpleating. If you look on my Flickr gallery, you can see tons of pleats on the back of my ghost.
legionzilla: The wings appear short because they are curved towards the camera. But I have to agree with you on the rest : as I said, I had some trouble with the diagram and as a result, the horns where shorter and the neck, longer.
kingori12

Post by kingori12 »

wow ! amazing ! i love the ghost very much ! can you post the CP please ? i think it's not difficult to fold ! :wink:
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I really love your designs, they are excellent and look so smooth, amazing.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I couldn't agree more :)
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thank you for your comments! kingori12, here's the CP for my ghost :

As you can see, it's extremely simple for a boxpleated model. I've added some instruction on the picture's desctiption on my flickr gallery if you plan on folding it.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Extremely simple? Its freaking hard!