Sunburst

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
insanecrane

Re: Sunburst

Post by insanecrane »

I want to count off every model that i like but just with two pages there are already so many. I really like the monsters.All of them. And Superman's cape is really cool. Woodstock rocks!
Jakeplusplus

Post by Jakeplusplus »

Sunburst, I've missed your work! I am astounded! I love the Kabutops!
May a thousand cranes issue forth from thy hands!
My Flickr
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks a lot you four!
insanecrane: I think I'm due to attempt that 'other' character from peanuts...
Blackblade_shinobi

Post by Blackblade_shinobi »

Your work is amazing! I love the monster under the bed and the Kabutops :D do you have a diagram or a CP of any of those?
[Theropoda is my profession]
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

You saw this one coming, I'm sure.

Snoopy
16x24 boxpleat. Having done Woodstock before, Snoopy was sure to come eventually. Even though their general appearance is similar, their structure is not. Snoopy's head is the best part, but the body and hind legs need more work. The nose was the biggest challenge here.

Entrance to the underworld
48x48 boxpleat. For the monthly challenge of the english forum (monsters). I wanted to do something more original than a regular monster, so here you go. It is possible to have a longer tongue by not doing the character. It's also more difficult to do many sharp teeth than it appears.

chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

Will you be making a book?
Your models are so amazing anyone would sure love to fold them!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks chesscuber98! I don't plan on making a book soon (can you imagine how complex and time-consuming it would be to diagram my models?), but in the future, perhaps? I'm still undecided for the reasons mentionned.

Anyhow, uuuupdate

Waltz
60x90 boxpleat. Personal record in complexity and grid size. I wanted to do another model in the style of my gemini. I had this idea for a long time, but only managed to fold it today. The two characters were designed so that they can be folded separately. I put a great amount of details for this model, but you can't see all of them because of the pose. Yes: ONE RECTANGLE ONLY!

Puppet Show
20x60 boxpleat. Just a simple idea that came to me and seemed easy to do. The two puppets use the same amount of paper, so it's possible to fold one twice.

chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

Waltz is AMAZING
and yeah i totally understand how tough diagraming would be,
Not meaning to be a nuisance, How about a CP? :P
Jakeplusplus

Post by Jakeplusplus »

Wow, Waltz really is spectacular! And Pupper Show is pretty cute, too. Just awesome.
May a thousand cranes issue forth from thy hands!
My Flickr
matthewclso

Post by matthewclso »

[deleted]
Last edited by matthewclso on March 1st, 2024, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

I think I saw you at the OUSA Convention. I was the kid who asked you about the Fairy you had in your pocket during the oversize folding.
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Sunburst your works are awesome! :shock: =D>
All your monsters are AMAZING! They look so scary! I like all of your models and they are very good! :D
You are doing a great job! keep up your hard work I would love to try one of your CP's :)
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

You really should start diagramming and make a book. They are so great! :D
Supernic

Post by Supernic »

Hi,

Can you please take some close up pictures of the neck joining the face to the body? I am unable to create a clean throat/neck in my models. I am trying to hide the surrounding pleats but cannot, and so I have to show it as hair or cloth. Also, is there any way to shape the face before starting the creasing? If I leave the face to the last, it does not come out as expected.

Thanks,
Anik
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Sheesh, no new posts from me since last year... I haven't been unactive, though, just secretive *wink wink*
And thank you guys for the nice comments!

- chesscuber98: I might if I get the time to draw the CP. It's big and long to draw, though, so it might take a while.
- matthewclso: Send me a PM if you're still interested in dracky after... what, 7 months?
- GWB origami: yeah, that was me :) Oversized folding was great!
- Tahaorigami: Thanks a lot! I have some CPs on one of my galleries (sunburst2000) in case you haven't checked it out. As I have already mentionned regarding a book, big complex boxpleated stuff=near impossible to diagram. The closest thing to a book I could do would be a collection of CPs (but that would probably be boring). But anyways, I don't have the time on my hands to work on a book, at all.
- Supernic: You probably noticed that, but I abuse pleats in my models. My necks just use pleats valley folded towards the center to make a neck that looks at least thinner than the head (read: not clean at all haha! Don't hide the pleats, use them!) And I'm not sure I understand your last question. Can you give an example or something?