What have you folded lately?

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

I like that 2 fold santa,and the santa by Stephen Casey is one of the best I've seen. I have diagrams for Roman Diaz's Stag if you'd like them, they are low quality though, but its the best one piece,square, deer I've folded,though the hind quarters are another color,if using duo color paper.
stuckie27

Post by stuckie27 »

Satoshi's Wizard is next on my to fold list? any body out there fold him?

I have some nice URYU sp? (it looks like mulbery paper) I think I will make a foil sandwich with it.
Didier69

Post by Didier69 »

Hi,

Tonight I folded a Giraffe from Daniela Carboni , and in the last week-end her Sitting cat (part 1 and part 2).

Here is the Sitting cat:
Click here for image.

Regards.

** This post was modified by saj on Sunday 21st March 2004 at 15:40 ** GMT
Frydrych

Post by Frydrych »

stuckie27 wrote:Satoshi's Wizard is next on my to fold list? any body out there fold him?
Well, I folded it two days ago from wrapping paper and it looks pretty cool. This model is really great and I must say that the most difficult one I have ever folded. Fingers were tricky.
Unfortunately photos are not available yet.
gilad_zn

Post by gilad_zn »

I've folded Satoshi's Wizard a couple of days ago. I don't really like this model, but it's the only good wizard model out there. I usually fold from rathe small pieces of paper, so shaping the head in the end was quite difficult, so I just got a person with a hat and a crumpled thing beneath it.

I don't remember where I've seen it, but I've seen a site with someone who folded several versions of this model and did a great job. The version I liked best was his fire mage, where instead of a wand the wizard had a ball of flame between his hands.

The picture of my miserable attempt are on my webpage. I have also folded another bahamut and Hermen van Goubergen's amazing Skull.
Cheers!
Gilad Naor
https://blog.giladnaor.com
DZIGGITAI

Post by DZIGGITAI »

I didn't especially like folding the wizard either. I also have yet to fold a good head.
Anyway, I am teaching the entire school how to fold a dove for "Catholic School's Week" or something...
I had to make about 300 squares of paper.
Frydrych

Post by Frydrych »

Here are some poor quality pictures of wizard I folded. They were taken in haste with mobile phone. I hope your eyes won't hurt badly while looking at it. :?

http://www.free.of.pl/g/gregorigami/wizard3.jpg
http://www.free.of.pl/g/gregorigami/wizard4.jpg
http://www.free.of.pl/g/gregorigami/wizard5.jpg
saj

Post by saj »

Nice!
I'm just 'reading' the diagrams, and it looks complicated! I can already see the final bits are going to be a pain :?

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I really want to fold that wizard, but I'm really horrified by the diagrams, and in the last weeks, I somehow lost the fun in complex folding. lately I've started to fold Satoshi Kamiyas Unicorn and got stucked in step 91. I will try it again in the next days, because I've promised a unicorn to a friend *grrr* :)

Christian
DZIGGITAI

Post by DZIGGITAI »

I get a lot of requests at school. I recently made a sunflower, I can't remember the author, but it was in "Garden Folds." It's easy once you get past the length (12x1) of the paper.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

the last weekend I was at a birthday party of a good friend of mine. I also god some requests there like a mermaid, unicorn and a cow (better don't ask why *fg*). I like people beeing interested in origami :)

Christian
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

I tried the wizard, the fingers are a pain in the you-know-where... :?
The latest thing I have created was the leviathan (picture in the gallery on my site). I plan on creating an Oliphaunt, the Witch King, Sauron, and a "running refrigerator" pretty soon.
The latest thing I have folded that is not my own is Hojo Takashi's Buddha (also a picture is in the gallery). I like the multitude of objects along with its origami purity.
If anyone has a challenge for something, I'm up to it. :D
DZIGGITAI

Post by DZIGGITAI »

I have a couple of other LotR models that I am working on including my finished "Nazgul". It would be interesting if we could create some sort of scene.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

I'm waiting for someone patient/bored/crazy enough to come up with the origami equivalent of the Lego SW/LotR like here:

http://www.ozbricks.com/bricktales/

:)
saj

Post by saj »

Today I folded the dragonfly by F Kawahat from BOS magazines 196 - 198.

See a picture of it below:

[img]http://snkhan.co.uk/origami/thegallery/ ... gonfly.jpg[/img]

To see the image in detail, please click here.

The focus on the image is a little off, but this is an amazing model!
I folded it from an extremely thin piece of A4 sized paper.

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.