Page 1 of 8
Posted: February 23rd, 2011, 10:08 pm
My gallery of models I have folded, my own designs, etc.
All comments are most welcome!
Posted: February 23rd, 2011, 10:15 pm
Luigi Leonardi - Nativity Scene
wetfolded, elephant hide
Posted: February 23rd, 2011, 10:16 pm
Posted: February 23rd, 2011, 10:17 pm
Won Park - Dollar Camera
Posted: February 23rd, 2011, 10:19 pm
Robert J. Lang - Koi
I folded the full 30 by 30 scales, took forever and a day
Posted: February 23rd, 2011, 10:26 pm
Zebra - my own design
I had some nice paper with a zebra pattern. All the zebra/horse models I found had a diagonal symmetry but on this paper the lines are horizontal so that didn't fit together.
I've drawn diagrams (my first) for this model and am looking for a few test-folders to work out the kinks... just drop me a line if you would help me out.
edit: link to diagrams
Posted: February 23rd, 2011, 10:31 pm
Posted: February 24th, 2011, 12:31 am
Hey, awesome folds. I really like the nativity scene!
Posted: February 24th, 2011, 12:50 am
May I test diagrams
Posted: February 24th, 2011, 9:03 am
Great folds! I think i also have some zebra patterned paper too, so could i test out the diagrams please?
Posted: February 24th, 2011, 11:41 am
Posted: February 24th, 2011, 11:43 am
could i try please
Posted: February 25th, 2011, 2:20 pm
one thing i realised with it was that it was a bit too complicated for te outcome. try and tone it down a bit possibly using a smaller grid and then using saping mountain folds i think would make a better model. and i think josh will agree but disregarding that aSUPERB diagram very clear
Posted: February 28th, 2011, 10:20 pm
the zebra you designed was cool.
Posted: March 4th, 2011, 10:56 am
A huge thanks to Karan, Joshua, and Sebastian for testing my model.
As they didn't seem to have too much trouble following my instructions here you go (if you don't mind Karan's valid points of criticism):
Quick reply to Karan's comments:
I initially used a narrowed down pig base. The hind legs turned out too short and the tail had a lot of layers. So I changed it to a base with a 8 by 8 grid with longer hind legs and a shorter tail. What I refer to as "base" in the diagram is actually the base with all flaps narrowed down to half the original width (thus the 16 by 16 grid).
edit: link to diagrams