Mikaorigami

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
mikaorigami

Mikaorigami

Post by mikaorigami »

I have been doing origami for many years, but only recently got into the really complex stuff. Im a complete beginner at designing, so all of these models are made by others.(mostly Kamiya) Look forwards to learn more from all the awesome talent present on this site. I enjoy the process of folding complex figures and miniatures!

My first ancient dragon. Became quite decent. Made from 50x50 cm wrapping paper of some sort.

The same from 30x30 tissue foil

Smilodon 30x30 normal origami paper

Bahamut 30x30 normal origami paper. Paper could not take the stress, so lots of rips in this one.

First attempt at Phoenix 3.5 60x60 tissue foil. Quite decent for a first try.

Mammoth 30x30 normal origami paper. First attempt so this one also ripped some places.

Wizard 30x30 tissue foil. Tried making a mouth.

My first attempt at a redesign. Wanted to make a Nazgul from the wizard. Only later did I see the Jedi figure which is basically the same.(anyone know who designed that one) Anyway the idea is not too hard to come up with, and the changes are very simple. Still looks nice except being baby blue =) Made from 30x30 tissue foil.

Some miniatures! Kawasaki roses. The small ones are made from 4x4cm and 3.9x3.9cm

Some more. All made from 4x4cm paper. I do not remember the designer of the ant, crab and dragon. dragon was very hard.

Edited by Moderator to make the pictures and links work.
chris_t

Re: Mikaorigami

Post by chris_t »

Nice folds! I particularly like the first Ancient Dragon. I think the second one maybe the smaller paper is a bit limiting in how expressive you can be.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

Excellent models :D keep up the good work
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
mikaorigami

Post by mikaorigami »

Some models from the last year. Aquarius was my first CP(phoenix was made with youtube tutorial) and I went on with several of Takashis models as I really like them. More pics of all of them on my flickr.

Aquarius, Hojyo Takashi 30x30cm tissue foil. My first one and I still feel like its one of my best folds.
aquarius 4 by deathmutant, on Flickr

aquarius 30x30 cm by deathmutant, on Flickr

Geistkämpfer, Hojyo Takashi, 30x30 cm tissue foil. Love this model and need to make it again someday. I forgot to finish the pleats on the wings and still havent gotten around to it. Turned out well for its small size.
Geistkämpfer Hojyo Takashi by deathmutant, on Flickr

Dont know if Hojyo did this in the shaping, but I think it looks good.
Geistkämpfer Hojyo Takashi by deathmutant, on Flickr

God of Thunder, Hojyo Takashi 30x30 tissue foil. paper is a bit thick for it but looks decent.
God of Thunder Hojyo Takashi by deathmutant, on Flickr

Gabriel ver.3, Hojyo Takashi 30x30 tissue foil
Gabriel Ver.3 Hojyo Takashi. 30x30 cm tissue foil by deathmutant, on Flickr

God of thunder 30x30 tissue foil. Only model I have folded twice for a good while. tried some alternate shaping and made him a tiny lightning bolt!
Thundergod by deathmutant, on Flickr
GrossMichael

Post by GrossMichael »

Wow, amazing folds! It's amazing how you get so many details from such small sheets! The paper is Terry tf, isn't it?
Rosugamer

Post by Rosugamer »

Mika, your Aquarius and God of Thunder(1st) are amazing!
Keep up the great work.
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Post by origamipete »

fantastic renditions!