III International Origami Internet-Olympiad

Friendly design and folding competitions.
anermak
Buddha

III International Origami Internet-Olympiad

Post by anermak »

3 International Origami Internet-Olympiad

From 15/10/2013 to 15/11/2013 (+ three weeks for results) the Open "Origami Olympiad 2013" will be conducted in the internet.
Participation is free

All participants should send an application to the following address

origami2013olympiad(at=”@”)gmail(dot=”.”)com

The application should contain the following text: I (name surname), origamist from (country) want to take part in the International Origami Internet-Olympiad 2013

Requirements for participants:

1) Every origamist have the opportunity to take part in the Olympiad, it’s open competition. The request should be send not later then 14.10.2013.
Photos of final results of tasks should be send not later then 15.11.2013 quality within 480х480 - 1500х1500.
2) The Olympics round includes tentatively 10 tasks: diagrams of various levels of difficulty (from easy to complex), СР’s, tessellations and own work. For each model indicates the maximum score (in points).
These jobs are ONLY FOR PERSONAL USAGE and may not be distributed in the internet (as well as published in some other way).
3) Each participant gets a task with further instructions during one day after Olympiad starts on specified in the application e-mail. Winners are determined (in three weeks after deadline) by a competent jury.

Design of results:

1. Any type of paper can be used.
2. Allowed to paint and glue model, if it would not prevent identification of all elements of the model, as well as pre-creased lines that define the assembly process. This paragraph does not extend on the author's “own work”.
3. In the competition should be used only photos which were never published before.
4. Each model should be photographed (at least!) from three angles, to clearly display all the details. Photos with low quality will not be considered.
5. Main images should be the minimum redacted by any programs. Full usage of such programs is allowed only for composite images.
6. Before the end of Olympics participants should not upload photos of entries in the Internet.

Refereeing: winners of last Olympiads (if they wish..) and some moderators of the Russian origami forums, wich have experience in assessing such competition (4 All-Russian Olympiads and 2 Internation olympiads). Thereafter, in the next competitions, refereeing can be updated from among the winners, as they choice in the next year.
Prizes:
info will be later.

For Designers:

Who wish to participate in this event, need send on thу olympiad e-mail (look start of topic) your diagrams, CP or photo-diagrams until the 31.07.2013... If your diagram will pass the selection, it will be added to the task competitions. All authors who have sent their diagrams will receive a copy tasks of competitions at your e-mail.
The quality of the diagrams, CP and photo-diagram is not important, because all diagrams will be test and redraw in the common style. This is a great opportunity not only to obtain high-quality tested diagrams of models, but also to see how many great folders will fold your work.

Best Regards,
Andrey Ermakov

1) 1-st olympiad topics^ (110 challengers from 25 countries.)
- Origami Internet-Olympiad 2011

1) 2-st olympiad topics^ (198 challengers from 34 countries.)
- Origami Internet-Olympiad 2012
Last edited by anermak on April 23rd, 2013, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Langko

Re: III International Origami Internet-Olympiad

Post by Langko »

I was looking forward to this! I will definitely participate because I never heard about the first one and I missed the deadline for the second one... The competition falls exactly in the time frame off my year 12 final exams so I don't know how much time I will have, but I will try my best :)
The only limit in origami is your imagination and your patience
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/langko/
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

I want to try this time. Also If you submit a model can you also participate as a contestant?
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

chesscuber98 wrote:... If you submit a model can you also participate as a contestant?
If your model is selected as the Olympiad Task - then unfortunately you will not be able to participate as a folder... Otherwise - yes of course.
The full list of authors whose works will be presented in the competition - will be published until 01.09.2013, so anyone will have time to send their application like contestant.
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

Yes! I really wanna participate! It may be hard, but it may help me out :P
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
Kyle2952

Post by Kyle2952 »

I want to participate! I didn't know about the first one, or the second until it was over :/
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89546245@N05
Comments welcome!!
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

Post by Fluffy »

I can't wait for this! I just sent in my application ( please tell me if you got it?). Can we use methylcellulose on these models? Thanks !

Jake
My flickr page ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeorigami/
My gallery ~ http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11485
Feel free to leave comments or constructive critisicm. Thanks! :)
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

Fluffy wrote:Please tell me if you got it?
Sorry i don't know this. It's helper work. But if you send the application - you must be receive message with answer in few days.
Fluffy wrote:Can we use methylcellulose on these models?
Yes it is, if:
anermak wrote:...if it would not prevent identification of all elements of the model, as well as pre-creased lines that define the assembly process...
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

Post by Fluffy »

anermak wrote:
Fluffy wrote:Please tell me if you got it?
Sorry i don't know this. It's helper work. But if you send the application - you must be receive message with answer in few days.
Fluffy wrote:Can we use methylcellulose on these models?
Yes it is, if:
anermak wrote:...if it would not prevent identification of all elements of the model, as well as pre-creased lines that define the assembly process...
I got a reply a few minutes after I sent it. I got it right after I typed my first message. And okay. Thank you!

Jake
My flickr page ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeorigami/
My gallery ~ http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11485
Feel free to leave comments or constructive critisicm. Thanks! :)
ebesan2000

Post by ebesan2000 »

DONE!!
Youpi and thank you!
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

Question 1"For the crease pattern folding tasks, will we also have access to a picture of the completed model?" (PM)
Answer 1 Yes of course!
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

Question 2 (e-mail). ".. Can you give me the information about the paper (size, color, thickness) for preparing sheets in advance .."
Answer 2 Yes, but some later ... when the models will be finally choosen ...
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

Two months left...
Last edited by anermak on September 15th, 2013, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

i fear, it's already too late to send a diagram?
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

Sorry, unfortunately time's up...