Monthly CP Challenge: October 2013

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Re: Monthly CP Challenge: October 2013

Post by Razzmatazz »

origami_8 wrote:You needn't print a Crease Pattern to fold from it.
What makes me wonder more, is that the colour change on the tail is quite a challenge on this model, but everyone seems to get it without any problems. Some years ago , when the diagrams haven't been published we had a topic about it and I remember some people that tried really hard and failed.
I can confirm that yellerdude did not use the same technique as the designer did for the tail. It looks different from the angle shown.

Perhaps if you all want we can stress that you show off the tail that you did in the model photo in order to stress the folding of the CP since the model diagrammed has such a specific and note-worthy way of being folded which is usually obvious.
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

tschobigami wrote:@benlewis:
Yes, it was the wizard (which i chose) and i will choose an undiagrammed cp from flickr next time (if i should win again) but i disagree about the question if the cps should have diagrams. This has already been discussed rather longly in other posts so i will keep it short: the only price for this challenge is honor - nothing material. And if someone uses diagrams and submits his fold for the challenge, his fold is worthless in my eyes and with the fold the honor. You don't need to be caught as there is nothing material to win.
@topic:
also got the racoon, also working on the tail... Might try yellerdudes solution, hope to get it up soon :)
Hm yeah. I guess you're right. It's the same sense for people who cheat in anything. School, sports, etc. There's not really a sense of accomplishment. But well said and it makes sense now
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Please guys don't misunderstand me. I didn't want to accuse anyone of cheating, I just wanted to mention that it is possible to cheat when there is a diagram too.
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Oh, yes I understand.
rockerorigami

Post by rockerorigami »

My second try. See my flickr
origami is my religion
flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/102061175@N08/
Langko

Post by Langko »

yellerdude wrote:So many straightforward reference points! Here he is, a purple raccoon.

Ok, so the clear winner is Yellerdude! I dislike the colour but yours is definitely the cleanest and most accurately folded. Congratulations :)
The only limit in origami is your imagination and your patience
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/langko/
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

oh! Noooo!!!! I know how to fold this model but still i didn't participate!!! Oh God! Can i participate now?