Monthly CP Challenge: March 2014

Friendly design and folding competitions.

Who shall win?

Poll ended at April 4th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Mir Numaan
43%
roodborst
No votes
sr123ification
No votes
yellerdude
43%
ahudson
13%

Total votes: 23

bethnor
Buddha

Re: Monthly CP Challenge: March 2014

Post by bethnor »

Razzmatazz wrote: Winning should only be secondary, and to do that you have to impress people. Yellerdude certainly expanded on the CP given and made a different breed of dog--standing out of the crowd and for that he certainly was recognized.
except yellerdude didn't "win." he tied with mir. again, i don't have a dog in this hunt, but aesthetically, i can't see why andrew's version is "worse" than mir's.
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

bethnor wrote:except yellerdude didn't "win." he tied with mir. again, i don't have a dog in this hunt, but aesthetically, i can't see why andrew's version is "worse" than mir's.
I never said he won. I said that yellerdude was recognized. Ahudsun was too, to a certain extent.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

Razzmatazz wrote: I never said he won. I said that yellerdude was recognized. Ahudsun was too, to a certain extent.
as he said, though. a distant third. i would at least judge that, aesthetically, his fold seems equivalent to mir's.

i would also say that anyone looking to win a popularity contest on this board has come to the wrong place. but that doesn't change the fact that is probably what happened to a certain degree.
gamag

Post by gamag »

i would at least judge that, aesthetically, his fold seems equivalent to mir's.
Comparing mir's second entry and ahudson's entry, I have to say that ahudsons looks more than mir's like a test fold, which may be caused by be bad light conditions on the photo though....

I think a little difference in photo quality can be enough do make somebody, who has only one vote to cast and who has to select between some more or less equal entries, decide to vote for the better quality photo.