ODT#5

Friendly design and folding competitions.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Re: ODT#5

Post by roodborst »

Did all the polls end? I was wondering when the next round starts? Congrats too all the winners!
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

Yep, all the polls ended. I'm on a trip right now, so i will post the results this evening.
Just a few infos/questions:
The ioio (international origami internet olympiad) starts on 15/10/2014 and lasts one month. There won't be any duells in this time so everyone has the chance to participate in both. So we will have one round before, which will propably start within the next 2 weeks.
Next thing is that we got a draw between djorigami and quietmarverick. As both of them had great designs, i suggest to let them both advance to the next round. This would result in a total number of 9 participants for the next round. In order to stay fair and get some change into thos one-on-one-duells, we could do 3 groups of 3 origamists, and two of each group would advance to the third round. This would result in 6 people for the third round. With 2 groups of 3, we could get down to either 2 or 4 and do the (semi)finals as normal.
Dont forget, this second part is just a suggestion, so feel free to comment, critisize and bring in your own ideas.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

sounds good to me, 3 groups of 3 artests. :)
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

1.) Edg vs. tschobigami
2.) greencube07 vs. tadashimori
3.) DjOrigami vs. quiet marverick
4.) origamifan11 vs. myself
5.) GrossMichael vs. OrigamiGeek
6.) Baltorigamist vs. roodborst
7.) JAPC vs. Loganorigami
8.) malifold vs. Swapnil Das

The bold origamists advance to the next round.
malifold is out, as he took too long to post his result after asking too late if he could do so...
Thank you for your opinion, Origamigeek, as long as noone else answers, i guess this is ok with everyone? (if you have problems understanding what i mean, please dont hesitate to ask!)
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

The three person challenge is a great idea, especially for next years first round. There are always lots of people who sign up but de not enter a model before the deadline.
Three people for the next round is ok, but how do we decide the topic? One person gives three options. Two persons decide the topic. How?
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

roodborst wrote:Three people for the next round is ok, but how do we decide the topic? One person gives three options. Two persons decide the topic. How?
For instance, if one person gives 3 options, another eliminates one choice and the third one chooses between the two remaining topics.
And the order inside the group (i.e., who is 1st, 2nd and 3rd) may be chosen when the pool is randomly created.
(Just some thoughts, please disregard if not useful).
quiet marverick

Post by quiet marverick »

I like the idea of the three persons groups too.
And the way Kabuntan describes sound like a method where all three persons are involved.
So whatever comes I'm looking forward to the next round :)
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Yeah, I really like the 3 person duel! This'll be really fun!
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

as nobody seems to have any objections, here is the draw for the 3-way-duells.

1) roodborst vs Origamigeek vs tschobigami
2) greencube07 vs Swapnil Das vs JAPC
3) myself vs DjOrigami vs quiet marverick

Two of each group will advance to the next round.
The first person (roodborst/greencube/myself) should post 3 topics as soon as possible, the second person kicks one topic out and the last person takes the final decision.
I would like to start this round as soon as possible, as i will propably not be available at the end of september. quiet marverick will take all important decisions during my absence.
This means, please post the three topics soon so the round can effictevely start on monday.
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Awesome! :D

quiet marverick

The deadlines for round 2 are over. So please post your designs soon or talk to your duell partners if you need more time and if it's okay for them. Also all of you who have already posted a design in this round please try to contact the others in your duell and remind them to post. 8)
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Tschobigami hasn't entered his design but he mentioned earlier that he would not be available until oktober. I'll give him a few more days before I start the poll.
quiet marverick

Yes he is still not at home. Great, that's very kind of you ;)
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

Sorry for the late response and the long time i let you wait. Sadly i dont feel capable of entering a statisfying design soon, so i wish both of you good luck in the next round. I will keep on trying to solve the organisation questions of the tournament but back out of the designing contest.
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

JAPC and I have posted our results... Greencube still didn't reply... Should we start the poll or...?