Super robot wars

Friendly design and folding competitions.
rockmanex6

Super robot wars

Post by rockmanex6 »

Yes any from regular size, SD, transfom, rider. I think it is more experience fold now, you can do before Kamiya, Morisun other idea. This challenge can be 1 year august-august or solong you want. Many year this series still goes long Super robot taisen, but if you want not necessary robot can folds the animation character rider. Maybe 22.5 or other way, color chance a plus :)

Rock n robot
valerite

Re: Super robot wars

Post by valerite »

this sounds like a lot of fun! I don't know of a lot of robots, but I will try to participate! Google it all the way. :)
Perhaps the rules should be a little more defined though. Do these sound good?
Use one square of paper without cutting
Duo paper (different colors on each side) is allowed
any design technique such as 22.5 symmetry, etc.

Also, just a suggestion, this challenge would be very interesting if you put in the rule
No box pleating or hex pleating

because so many human figures are from box pleating, this would make the challenge a bit harder and more interesting for other people. All other design techniques would still be allowed, just not box (or hex) pleating. What do you think?
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

This would be a really awesome challenge, and it sounds like a good way for a lot of people to enhance their design skills.

The only thing with the "no BP" rule is how to define it specifically. I've seen models that use pleated structures which are not necessarily box-pleated (i.e. Brian Chan's Rei). Personally I find pleating to be very useful in creating both the figures themselves and the details, so we shouldn't outlaw pleating in general.
Of course, as long as a CP is supplied for each entry, it shouldn't be too hard to diffrentiate.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
valerite

Post by valerite »

I agree hybrid bases should be allowed as long as they are mostly not BP. This should be easy to tell if we add to the rules
valerite wrote: Use one square of paper without cutting
Duo paper (different colors on each side) is allowed
any design technique such as 22.5 symmetry, etc.
^And hybrid bases
CPs are required to be posted along with your model.

Sound good? I think I'll start mine soon, I don't have too much experience with supercomplex models and it'll take me a while! I have an awesome idea though...