Monthly Folding Challenge: February 2015

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Edg

Re: Monthly Folding Challenge: February 2015

Post by Edg »

I'm pretty terrified of sharks! I guess they're the ultimate manifestation of my fear of being in the ocean, a fear I'd like to get over as I'd love to go scuba diving some day.
Not the most original model but its better than nothing :)
I wanted to capture a glimpse of a fin from the view of someone in the water and the shadowy form of the shark below the waves, which hasn't quite worked out. Might have another go later at a wet folded version.
Folded from a 20cm square of washi with watermark uzumaki, looks quite nice backlit Image
Edg

Post by Edg »

Hope its ok to post a better version, didn't think I'd meet the deadline :roll:
I wet folded this one from 40cm murano paper painted with arylics pror to folding;Image
It's now free standing and the lock works much better with stiffer paper. This one for judging, please :wink:
Nepafarius

Post by Nepafarius »

shortloldude wrote:Is it alright to just submit both then? I am going to post it here as well, if I cannot have more than one just ignore this

ImageP1010011 by killacricket, on Flickr
I believe in the past there have been multiple submissions. It doesn't say in the rules it's not allowed. And since they are similar in design I see them as different versions not separate models. My opinion though
kirakinn

Post by kirakinn »

Really great entries this month!
It was hard to choose just 3, but in the end, that's all we could have

In third place...
BALTORIGAMIST

Your model was really detailed and captured the creepiness of Plague Doctors very well! Your fold really was great
In second place...
JAPC

Your model was just fantastic! A great mixture of fun and scary, your folding style really brought out the best in the model
And finally... In first place,
EDG!

Your model, though simple, really was menacing. I have a bit of a fear of the open ocean myself, and this model set me on edge. The gentle folds you used to shape the water really accentuated the whole thing, and the subtle color change of the fin really brought everything together

Edg will judge next month, and choose the topic after that!
Last edited by kirakinn on March 1st, 2015, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edg

Post by Edg »

Thanks, Kirakin, I guess I got lucky with you having a similar fear as mine and that I tapped into it :lol: I didn't expect to win this one, the other entries were all great! Thanks to marmalade for the great topic, looking forward to this months challenge!
JAPC

Post by JAPC »

Congratulations to all participants and particularly to Edgar for the really nice and clean presentation :)
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Congrats Edg! Nice model. :)
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
juston

Post by juston »

Nepafarius wrote:Juston, I need diagrams. Physically need them.
Haha... I think I can help you. It may take a little time but after I try to come up with something for this month's challenge and maybe finally photograph some of my other recent models, I'll get to work on diagramming it.
The world's worst photographer now has a flickr account... enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_real_juston/