Origami SOAP Challenge 2018

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Andre-4

Origami SOAP Challenge 2018

Post by Andre-4 »

Hello members
The next months challenge is for participants to design or do a variation of
Maid...Housenurse or Butler.
You can do a variation also ..
It can be a square or rectangle or money.

Please try not to use more than 3 pièces if you must.
The winner and runner up will be asked to unfold to reveal crease pattern or photo tutorial To be sent in as entry to South American publication over the coming summer.
They will receive a winners pack of assorted pastel paper and a packet of ivory stationery.
Last edited by Andre-4 on May 16th, 2018, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

First of all, is this supposed to be one of the monthly design challenges on this forum? The April one hasn't even ended yet.
Is this a scam or can we see the "South American publication" ourselves?
Also, who will be judging the challenge on this forum, and enforcing people to reveal their design?
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

In answer to your query Neverceasetocrease
I thought about who could judge the folds too.
Im going to p.m a few individuals who are
on my friends list... communicative and active on the board.When that person confirms I'll edit posts as necesssary.

Im a member of other random groups on the internet ...i can update Thread with a little about the publications i will approach with the runner up and winners diagram..
Its pointless revealing who
the client is at this stage since they could bypass this stage and go direct to the competition..Im the middleman whos representing a chosen few
Thirdly ive posted early to usurp another forum member putting up a challenge for the next month..hence naming it Soap challenge and not May challenge..
Any other doubts or issues then leave your comments....
Tankoda

Post by Tankoda »

Baltorigamist gets to pick the topic for May. He won in March.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Is this meant to be separate from the Monthly Design Challenge?
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Tankoda

Post by Tankoda »

Thirdly ive posted early to usurp another forum member putting up a challenge for the next month..
I don't think so...
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Andre-4 wrote: i will approach with the runner up and winners diagram..
the client is at this stage since they could bypass this stage and go direct to the competition..Im the middleman whos representing a chosen few
So it sounds like he'll just steal our designs and get some sort of prize for our work.
Andre-4 wrote: Thirdly ive posted early to usurp another forum member putting up a challenge for the next month.
Yeah, the usurping part doesn't sound very good. I'm pretty sure everybody is going to go with Balto's May challenge.
Andre-4 wrote: hence naming it Soap challenge and not May challenge..
He named it May Challenge too. Also, what does soap have to do with anything here?
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

Guys: We can turn Andre-4's challenge into an opportunity instead of a problem. As I understand it:
  1. NO, this can't become the official May design challenge; there are clear rules about how the monthly design challenge works and this one doesn't comply with them.
  2. This CAN be an alternative challenge during May, with nothing to do with the monthly design challenge.
  3. Andre-4 wants to use this challenge to help friends from our continent, by fomenting the creation of diagrams and crease patterns for one of our publicactions. That isn't a bad thing.
  4. The winner will receive a cool prize: "They will receive a winners pack of assorted pastel paper and a packet of ivory stationery".
  5. That person and the runner up will have diagrams or crease pattern submitted to the publication. Those diagrams or crease pattern MUST include the name of the model, of its creator, and diagrammer.
  6. If there is some sort of compensation for the publication of the diagrams or crease pattern (e.g. a printed or digital copy of the publication), then the creators of the models MUST receive it.
If the Andre-4's challenge follows this points, then we have a great challenge on our hands.
Last edited by Gerardo on April 28th, 2018, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Yes that would be nice, and I would certainly enter if I knew two things for certain:
1. The winner will actually end up being mailed a package of paper and stationary
2. This South American publication actually exists and the winner will get full credit, instead of Andre being the "middleman."
Also, we don't even know when the due date is. Once all these questions are answered, then I agree that this will be a great challenge.
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

Gerardo wrote:Guys: We can turn Andre-4's challenge into an opportunity instead of a problem. As I understand it:
  1. NO, this can't become the official May design challenge; there are clear rules about how the monthly design challenge works and this one doesn't comply with them.
  2. This CAN be an alternative challenge during May, with nothing to do with the monthly design challenge.
  3. Andre-4 wants to use this challenge to help friends from our continent, by fomenting the creation of diagrams and crease patterns for one of our publicactions. That isn't a bad thing.
  4. The winner will receive a cool prize: "They will receive a winners pack of assorted pastel paper and a packet of ivory stationery".
  5. That person and the runner up will have diagrams or crease pattern submitted to the publication. Those diagrams or crease pattern MUST include the name of the model, of its creator, and diagrammer.
  6. If there is some sort of compensation for the publication of the diagrams or crease pattern (e.g. a printed or digital copy of the publication), then the creators of the models MUST receive it.
If the Andre-4's challenge follows this points, then we have a great challenge on our hands.
Thank you Gerardo I have read and understood the terms set by the board..
The Agenda is to confirm the competition close date..
Name a judge
Get involved with spring/summer entries for publication.
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:
Andre-4 wrote: i will approach with the runner up and winners diagram..
So it sounds like he'll just steal our designs and get some sort of prize for our work.
Andre-4 wrote: Thirdly ive posted early to usurp another forum member putting up a challenge for the next month.
Yeah, the usurping part doesn't sound very good. I'm pretty sure everybody is going to go with Balto's May challenge.
Andre-4 wrote: hence naming it Soap challenge and not May challenge..
He named it May Challenge too. Also, what does soap have to do with anything here?
I have here a screenshot of a call for diagrams posted by a f.b that I follow...
It closes like next week .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v7SaYw ... p=drivesdk
Last edited by Andre-4 on May 9th, 2018, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Well, great! Thank you for telling us about this opportunity, although I still don't see why you didn't just show us that post earlier. I do apologize for being a bit cynical, but I believe you now. :)
Andre-4

Re: Origami SOAP Challenge 2018

Post by Andre-4 »

We still havent got entries for this Soap challenge.
Not even one person online who could be interested?
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

I thought the deadline was may 15? Hasn't it already passed?
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:I thought the deadline was may 15? Hasn't it already passed?
Something's fishy.